Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Neuspeed sports. Comfortable ride and the handling is night and day from before...As Homer would say, "WOO HOO!!!"

·
Registered
114 Posts
Looks great!! Nice drop. How long ago did you do it? Has it settled yet? Just curious, looking to drop mine but I need a conservative one and your looks PERFECT. Are those the Sports or the Sofsports? TIA.

·
needs more cowbell
5,946 Posts
Looks great!! mine from the GB goes on next week :thumbup:

·
Registered
11,541 Posts
golfhound1 said:
Looks great!! Nice drop. How long ago did you do it? Has it settled yet? Just curious, looking to drop mine but I need a conservative one and your looks PERFECT. Are those the Sports or the Sofsports? TIA.
Those are Neuspeed Sport springs. I would say those have 0.1 or 0.2 more to drop when they fully settle.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
For the wagon, neuspeed supplies the sof-sports for the rear and sports for the front.

I did the rears on wednesday night and the fronts on thursday night, the fronts were pretty hairy but not too bad, I wish I had an impact wrench for the strut compressors.

As far as the fogs, they are the silver bezel Hella DE micros, nice lights.
For the install:
1. I removed the black "screens" in the front airdam/bumper
2. Went to town with the Dremel CAREFULLY
3. Drilled into the metal "tube" of the front bumper for the mounting kit
4. Wired up the lights with the supplied switch - the switch gets its hot from the parking light circuit (I have the euroswitch)

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
sweet looking ride, i love those 16inch audi wheels they look good on the passats :thumbup:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Unfortunately I am running OE shocks right now. My budget will not allow shocks at this time, maybe in a month or so. I just could not resist putting in the springs!!! The OE shocks/struts were actuall still in pretty good shape, no leaks or anything, but they will deteriorate quickly with the new springs. I will go with Bilsteins most likely.

Thanks for all the kind comments, you guys are much more fun the the vwvortex-ers and the audiworld people :thumbup:

·
Registered
11,541 Posts
dc2002 - I told you there was no resisting the lure of Springs & Shocks! You gave in once, it's just about time for you to give in again!

In the famous words of Star Trek: Resistance is Futile! :poke:

·
Registered
5,875 Posts
wow, it looks great bro, i need to do that as well, i got the same car - the variant part :p , nice set up :thumbup:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Thanks dc202,
I can't wait to get mine dropped. Looks great. Are you getting new shoes for it? If so which ones? I've been looking at the 17" ASA AR1s or the AT Italia 9 Razze's.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts