Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a set of 6k hid's on my 2014 B7. It was a bit time consuming. I had to remove the grill and the headlights for easier access. I did not have to tap into the wires. I purchased the adapters for a extra 25 bucks and they went right in. They were a little tight but they worked well. I only got 1 side to turn on, the other side seemed like the bulb might have been dead? It was cloudy in the bulb itself, not sure if that was the problem, but I emailed deautokey and am waiting for a response. I also did scratch up my headlight a little bit too, maybe there's something out there that can remove the scratches? The headlights were a pain in the ass to put back in, but that being said there is finally a kit with adapters for the B7 without having to splice into any wiring.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So everything went smooth now. DEAUTOKEY responded and sent me 2 new bulbs and everything works great now! They are a great company and I would really recommended these hids! Thanks deautokey!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Great that you got them working with no problem. So aside from the bulb problem, was it a true plug/play installation with no other modifications? I have installed deautokey's LED DRL's, front turn signals, and rear tail and brake lights with no problems, other than having to remove one headlamp assembly to remove the old bulbs. I've yet to do the HID install, basically due to lack of time. But I did an HID conversion on a Toyota Prius before without any problems so I'm confident I can do the Passat as well. Deautokey is a great company to work with.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea it was a true plug and play. It was pretty easy to do. The only pain in the ass was to put the headlights back in after install, I scratched them up a bit, so im gonna see if I can take them somewhere to have them sanded down or something. I ordered the DRLS from them at the same time and also installed them. I am going to now order the tail light LEDS and put them in. Those are much easier to take apart than the headlights!

·
Moderator/Administrator
25,287 Posts
So your B7 came with projectors?

·
Registered
64 Posts
So your B7 came with projectors?
The HID conversion kit from deautokey is specifically made to fit the standard headlight housing. The bulbs are made shorter to fit, and won't produce the glare you'd expect. Go to their website for more info.

·
Moderator/Administrator
25,287 Posts
The HID conversion kit from deautokey is specifically made to fit the standard headlight housing. The bulbs are made shorter to fit, and won't produce the glare you'd expect. Go to their website for more info.
That's what I was insinuating. Not that I care anymore about the B7 since I sold mine, but it looks like a good product.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Do you have pics anywhere? I would have loved to install these on mine but since I have it for sale, doesn't make sense to spend any more money.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts