Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gave my baby a present for reaching 10K miles. Using the very helpful instructions from clubb5 (thanks everyone!) as well as some other sites, I was able to install eurotails and wire up the rear fog.

One interesting thing was that on my W8, I found there was already a yellow/brown wire attaching to the NSL pin on the euroswitch. I hadn't see this described in any of the posts about the installation. So I tapped into this wire for the rear fog.

In the W8, the 2nd pull position on the switch disables the high-beam halogens, leaving only the bi-xenon high beams on. I figure this yellow/brown wire must go to a relay that interrupts the power to the halogens to make that happen.

To everyone who has every posted info on wiring up the rear fog, thanks!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Looks nice, but why is only the other rearfog lit? If I put my rearfog(s) on, they lit on both sides, and that is how it has been always. Maybe someone could check how the wiring goes to the other side and you could hook up the rearfogs how they are meant to :)

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, guys.

FIN_4Mo said:
Looks nice, but why is only the other rearfog lit? If I put my rearfog(s) on, they lit on both sides, and that is how it has been always. Maybe someone could check how the wiring goes to the other side and you could hook up the rearfogs how they are meant to :)
It is only on one side because I wired it that way. It would be easy enough to run a wire from the left side to the ride side to enable a fog light on the right side.

There don't seem to be any New York regulations regarding rear fogs, at least none that I could find, as to whether there should be one light or two. I've seen cars both with one rear fog and with two. With two lights, it looks like they're riding their brakes.

In Finland, is it required to have two rear fog lights?

·
Registered
366 Posts
larrs said:
In Finland, is it required to have two rear fog lights?
One rearfoglight on the driver side is required. Two fog lights aren't required but some cars have them, like Audi A6, Passat and Volvo 960, not sure about the newer Volvos though.

We used to have -83 Volvo 240 and it didn't have rearfogs at all, I guess the law have changed in some point.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
6 Participants
RL331
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing