Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first impressions are good. Someone had described it as if you got rid of one heavy invisible passenger. I would agree. The car revs up faster and is a bit quicker. I could not believe how heavy the stock one was compared to the ECS. At least a couple of pounds difference! I recommend getting this done. Unfortunately I have no way to dyno my car and get actual results.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes! I love it. I almost want to run out and take it for a ride again tonight. Do you guys think my computer wil need time to adapt to the changes and power could improve more?

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
mbogosia said:
My first impressions are good. Someone had described it as if you got rid of one heavy invisible passenger. I would agree. The car revs up faster and is a bit quicker. I could not believe how heavy the stock one was compared to the ECS. At least a couple of pounds difference! I recommend getting this done. Unfortunately I have no way to dyno my car and get actual results.
How difficult was the install?

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had a shop next door to my work do it. He put the car up on a rack and was able to get his hands in and do it. I went and watched and there is not much room to get in there at all. It is doable without removing the radiator/fans, b/c we did it today. He only charged me $50 labor so I was happy.

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
mbogosia said:
Glad to see your happy with the pulley kit.

·
Registered
156 Posts
P_sattvotex said:
mbogosia said:
Glad to see your happy with the pulley kit.
Still waiting for mine to arrive...

·
Registered
122 Posts
Was this the one they have advertised for $189? It came with both belts? DETAILS DETAILS please. Sounds like a very nice way to free up some HP.

Soldja :drink:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts