Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 Passat B5 and I just replaced my TCM module($1000) with 80,000 kms so I am selling the car before anything else expensive breaks. They told me that my transmission would cost $6000 to replace, No thanks. Anyways I have a set 18" BBS rims for it and was wondering if anybody knows how compatible the bolt pattern is on these cars. Should I sell with the car or save for new car.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
feehar said:
I have a 2000 Passat B5 and I just replaced my TCM module($1000) with 80,000 kms so I am selling the car before anything else expensive breaks. They told me that my transmission would cost $6000 to replace, No thanks. Anyways I have a set 18" BBS rims for it and was wondering if anybody knows how compatible the bolt pattern is on these cars. Should I sell with the car or save for new car.
the engine costs more than the transmission to replace.but if neither is taking care of with proper care and pre-ventive maintainence ,then its likely to fail sooner,why not just not drive a motor vechicle....and did this TCM fail by itself or for a reason such as water intrusion,and resulting damage,if it failed on its own ,then i dont blame you/ although i would have went with a used one instead.good luck ,anyway if everything else was done /maintained then your losing money by selling it now

1 - 4 of 4 Posts