Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered the K&N Air Filter and i should get it tuesday. I want to know if Anyone has use the OIL filter from K&N on the B5's? I have had a few different opinion on it but not from B5er's :wink: . The best one was from a dad/son team :lol: . The dad races a 900+ hp nova at the drag and said that he swears by the air filter but the oil filter doesn't do :mad: but the son drives a tuned "honda accord :crazy: :p " and say he would not have any other oil filters.

Now for the opinions that matters, fellow b5er's :wink:

·
Registered
5,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey, thanks for the link S-klass, appriciate the input and the link is pretty cool, including the comparasion bit, but i want to see if any :b5: ers out there has it on or tried it :thumbup: .

·
Registered
233 Posts
I have used the K&N oil filter for at least the last 4 oil changes. They are expensive ~$10. I can not say that I notice any difference in the way the car drives, but there are some nice features about it. The one I like the best is the 1" wrench nut on the end. This makes it easy for me to get on and off. The other very noticeable difference is in the weight and feel of the filter versus others. The K&N is super solid!!! The fram, and others, you can almost crush with your hands. Good luck doing that with this one. Now as far as filtering goes I have no idea. I like the way it is made, and to me it is worth the extra money. I am very interested in any filter studies though to see if it filters or flows better like they claim.

My 2 cents

·
Registered
5,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks black-magic, this is kind of what i was looking for, anyone else?. If you go get a oil filter at the dealership, they charge ten bucks for it too :crazy: , so mine as well get the K&N for that price :lol:

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Have you considered using a larger oil filter, like that Big Kahuna or Napa 1333 -- or something like that (having a brain fart for the exact name/part)

·
Registered
331 Posts
I have used Fram filters only for years. I just recently switched to the K&N, since 4 oil changes ago. Performance on filters is not something that can be tangible. We just have to take the manufacturers word/data on it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts