Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK... so it's early Monday morning around 2:30 AM and I'm sleeping, trying to get all the rest I can before I have to wake up at 5:00 AM to get ready for work. The phone rings. It wakes me and my wife up and I'm thinking "Wow, must be some emergency?". :???:

I pick up the phone, said "hello"... no answer. :???: So I hang up and proceeded to go back to sleep. Not less than 20 seconds later, the phone rings again. :suspicio: I quickly grabbed it and said "hello?"... and again... no answer... so I hung up. :suspicio: As soon as I did that, the phone rings again. :mad: :evil: I picked up the phone, said nothing, and waited... listening for anything. Nothing... just silence. I pressed and held some of the keys on my phone so that it makes that annoying beep sound for like 20 seconds. :lol: The caller hung up... so I hung up, thinking I got the best of them. :lol: Phone rings again... my wife says to me... "Don't pick up!!"... I'm really pissed off now... :mad: so what did I do? I picked up the phone and yelled "WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU WANT BITCH?!?! I'M GONNA FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE AND I'M GONNA KICK YOUR FUCKING ASS!!! I'M GONNA HAUNT YOU DOWN AND I'M GONNA {BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP}. " :mad: :mad: The caller hangs up.

Now I'm pissed!! The person got me into his/her trap. :oops: :suspicio: Phone rings again... and my wife's like... "Don't answer!! They're playing with you!". Now I'm just dying... and crying at the same time cuz I missing my beauty sleep. :cry: :( :cry: So I decided to listen to my wife (I should've the first time!). I turned off the ringer on the phone in our bedroom. Didn't answer the phone. My answer machines comes on... then hangs up. Phone rings again until my answering machine picks up. This contines for like 4 more times before the assholed decided to stop. :suspicio: :nervous:

I have caller ID but the only thing that shows up is "Private". WTF?? Paid $6.95/month for caller ID and all it shows up is "Private"??? Argghhh!! :mad: :evil:

Anyone ever had this happen to them? I'm figuring it's some immature high school kid or young college kid pulling this prank. Fuckers!! Especially on a work night!!! :mad: :evil: What do you do? What CAN you do?

And oh yea... the {BEEEEEEEEP} part... let's just say I made some threatening remarks that is considered "life-threatening". My wife tells me that I could actually get in trouble for it? That I can be prosecuted for making such threats? But I'm not so sure. Given the situation... I'm mentally coerced into it... and even though my threats are just mere verbage and I have no intention of following through with it... I can't see how I can get in trouble. Any legal experts here? I took criminal law classes few years ago... and can just about take a situation and determine the legality of it. But this one is a tricky one. Thoughts?

·
Banned
5,213 Posts
It's the squirrels!

I don't know if the phone company can trace those Private callers in their system but check with them. Used to be, there's a key you punch in and it should block and report the last caller, but I also don't know if this will work with Private callers.

·
Banned
3,172 Posts
You fell into their trap, man! They're sitting over there laughing their asses off while you get pissed. :poke:

Just chill on all that, let them call...don't even pick up the phone (dont you have caller ID?). As soon as they notice you're not playing into their hands anymore, they'll move on to the next sucker.

My Caller ID system is set up so that it doesn't even accept unavailable or blocked numbers. When someone from an unavailable number calls, a robot comes on and says "This customer does not accept calls from blocked or unavailable numbers, please try from an unblocked number." See if you can get that! :thumbup:

...not to call you a sucker. :wink:

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
You don't watch crank yankers, do you?? Just leave the phone off the hook next time.

My bedroom is slowly becoming lower tech for some of these reasons. No TV, no glowing alarm clock (use cell phone alarm), telephone is still there, but ringer is off to prevent waking 14 month old son in next room, no PC. Just a light and a ceiling fan. Bedrooms are for sleeping, the world can wait til morning.

Carl III

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Look into "Anonymous Call Rejection" from your telco. Should be about $2/mo max.

Call forwarding can be fun too... forward to police station, phone company customer service office, late night radio show, county mental hospital... you get the idea. Just practice with a friend's caller ID to see which ID is forwarded: yours or the prank caller's.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
*57 is the code you're looking for, but it'll cost you. I just logs each call that you "tag" for future forensic use. Ask your phone co. for details if you care.

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
Rich P said:
It's the squirrels!
Yup it's the Ghosts of the squirls! Seriously, consider adding the service that won't let caller ID blocked phones call you...

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
i hate that , but its even worse when they do it to your cell phone when your waiting for a call.i have caller display on my cell and a few punk kids kept on bugging me well i when on 411.ca and found the adress that went with the number and showed up at the kids house with 4 of my big buddies in a 1990 Black chev panel van. i told the kid(keep in mind him and his buddy started calling me at around 2 in the afternoon that saturday and it was around 10pm) look out your window, you see that black van well me and 3 of my big friends are gonna come in the house and kick your little assses, he then looked out the window and saw me and my buds waiting beside the van and he said he was gonna call the cops, well i said go for it he was the only one who was gonna get in trouble.

he hung up and at the same moment the kids parents got home, so i went over to talk to em, i explained the whole thing , showed my log on my phone that showed that their house number had called my house 43 times that day and that its gonna cost me, well the father got really pissed after the son and went inside to go get him. he brought him out to apologize and i too pitty on the dumb bastard, i told em that i was kidding with em but he had to learn not to do that to people.well we all had a good laugh me and my buds when we left there, knowing the kid was gonna get more hell from the parents when we left........hahahahaha :lol:

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
2.0GTI said:
i hate that , but its even worse when they do it to your cell phone when your waiting for a call.i have caller display on my cell and a few punk kids kept on bugging me well i when on 411.ca and found the adress that went with the number and showed up at the kids house with 4 of my big buddies in a 1990 Black chev panel van. i told the kid(keep in mind him and his buddy started calling me at around 2 in the afternoon that saturday and it was around 10pm) look out your window, you see that black van well me and 3 of my big friends are gonna come in the house and kick your little assses, he then looked out the window and saw me and my buds waiting beside the van and he said he was gonna call the cops, well i said go for it he was the only one who was gonna get in trouble.

he hung up and at the same moment the kids parents got home, so i went over to talk to em, i explained the whole thing , showed my log on my phone that showed that their house number had called my house 43 times that day and that its gonna cost me, well the father got really pissed after the son and went inside to go get him. he brought him out to apologize and i too pitty on the dumb bastard, i told em that i was kidding with em but he had to learn not to do that to people.well we all had a good laugh me and my buds when we left there, knowing the kid was gonna get more hell from the parents when we left........hahahahaha :lol:
NICE!! Wish I could do that. I don't have a damn number to work with!!

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
NICE!! Wish I could do that. I don't have a damn number to work with!!
call the phone company and tell em that you lost this guys number , he has been calling you for a car your selling and you lost his number :wink: then go do the 4 big guys in a chev van scene :lol:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts