Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

Info please (Searched). Wagon cargo/hatch trim pieces for purchase?

932 Views 7 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Electrodynamic
I think I'm using the wrong terms for my searches but I am looking for the plastic interior trim pieces that are in the hatch/cargo area. My plastic pieces are fine but they are grey and I want black pieces. My neighbor brought up a good point that VW usually puts black at the top of the dash and the door panels and the wagon stops that tradition in the hatch/cargo area. So I would like to use black pieces in the cargo/hatch area where mine are grey. I understand the inside of the hatch is grey and so are the surrounding hatch/cargo plastic pieces but I would like to see how changing the grey plastic pieces (over the seatbelts along the bottom of the window and down the back of the hatch) along with the panel on the back of the hatch would look.

I looked here, Passat 98-05 B5/5.5 | CarParts4Sale, Inc. but didn't see those pieces. Well, I saw the large flat piece on the back of the hatch, but not the side pieces. I found the carpet below those pieces, side windows above those pieces, etc. So I am asking - WHAT ARE THOSE PIECES CALLED? And also why are they so hard to find?

My local junkyard has two wagons with black interiors but thier hatches are closed/latched and I can't open them to get to all of the screws to remove the panels so I was trying to find those plastic panels online but I can't find them. Any/all help will be appreciated. You guys have endured my newbie posts and I greatly appreciate the responses. :)
1 - 1 of 8 Posts
worst case you could take a cordless drill to the junkyard and drill a hole in the back of the hatch to get access to the mechanism to open the hatch. I'm not sure where to drill the hole though...
1 - 1 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.