Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm on a business trip in Malaysia right now. Visited a Tamiya store in a local mall and saw some B5.5 die casts. I think they are 1:24 scale. I asked if they had B5's but they didn't. :( For any of you out there looking for B5.5 die casts check out a company called Wally (sp?). Just thought I would send out a head's up.

-Mark

·
Registered
246 Posts
VW also sell a 1:43 model of the Passat made by Schuco (similar in detail to Minichamps). They have done the B5 in previous years and currently sell the B5.5 (marked up as a V6 4-Motion) in various colors.

Welly do the B5.5 in 1:18 scale in various colors too.

Previous to this there was a B5 done by another company in 1:18 and it was an excellent model even detailed with carpets etc (I have one at home). Manufacturer's name escapes me right now, but I'll check later today when I'm home again.

I do know these are like gold dust though - I managed to get mine as an ex-display model from a dealer.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
baisee00 said:
It's welly and the place i get my model cars from has them. www.diecastmuscle.com they have a lot of cars but they're really popular and a lot of them are only availiable for pre-ordering. they're cheap too! the b5.5 are only 19 dollars for 1:18
thanks for the correction. Sorry about that. I was going on memory and was jetlagged. ;)

-Mark

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
thats so sweet, still i wish they had em for the B5 too. :eek:h:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts