Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hey. Looking around for shops on behalf of family. Northeast IN like near Fort Wayne. And Indianapolis too while I am at it. Any trusted indies?

·
Registered
476 Posts
I haven't found any I can trust to do the repair correctly. I don't trust Tom Wood VW's ability to diagnose a problem over the phone at least. I had a leaking axle flange seal (told them that directly and the symptoms) and they said I needed a new transmission... That said I've started going there for oil changes since they are open on the weekend. I think I'd trust them to complete a repair that I've diagnosed correctly, although I know they are the best deal.

I'm planning on checking these two places out with my next couple of repairs (brake system, ball joint, and maybe a suspension refresh) and hope to use one for a Timing Belt job since I can't afford to have the down time to do the job myself. (No second mode of transportation).

ep-werks
Euro motor works

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hey to all you Indy fellas. I'll be in your area (downtown actually) on June 22-25 for work. Let's get something going for dinner/drinks either Sunday, Monday, or Tuesday evening!

·
Moderate Moderator
16,485 Posts
Announcements - Volkswagen Passat B5 Discussion

Think of this as an impromptu, un-planned, last minute, mini, midwest, Snork Fest™ !

This Saturday the 26th of September 2015 I will be hosting a get together at a lake house about 30 miles west of Fond du Lac Wisconsin. If you're interested in attending, PM me and I will reply with the address.

This is all sort of last minute so forgive me for not having a complete itinerary mapped out.
If you can, please bring beer or food but it's not mandatory.
In general, the idea is to have Passat World (and related cool people) come over for a day/evening of food, drinks, leisure.
We'll go boating, grill out, bonfire, drink beer, talk cars, wrench a bit as long as it's not too insanely involved.
Drinkers and far travelers are welcome to stay the night if they like. There are several beds and sleeping bags available.

Summer is almost over. Do Not let it fade away without some fun memories. Spread the word to fellow PW'ers.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts