Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your thoughts on the democratic canidates? this will be my first time voting, so i was interested in how you select who you vote for. wading through all the bs, and trying to find how each canidate stands on certain issues seems difficult, if not impossible. post post post!!

Daniel

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
I like Kucinich. Not a fan of the others. I like Edwards clean play but doubt his ideas. Kerry is a D.O.D. lapdog, and as owned as anyone he runs against. Sharpton... Hmm. He just seems crazy to me.

Oddly, most people (who will be voting in the Primary) would find that Kucinich's platform is most in line with theres but no one will vote for him because everyone thinks they are smarter than everyone else and that they dont want to waste their vote on the candidate they like but rather want to use it on the candidate all the IDIOTS chose (that's what electability means). I'm voting Kucinich. :thumbup:

·
Registered
7,583 Posts
Spirare,

I see you are in Pennsylvania, too. Our primary is so late (May), who's going to be left in the race by then? I hate that about PA - their names may still be on the ballot, but the lots of people will have given up the campaign by then.

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
- read up on them
- talk with my friends about them
- listen to the radio and watch tv
- read some more
- then vote

that is sort of the process I go through

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
I hear that Altair. I'm actually deciding now which dead person to write in for the Presidency as it appears I am yet again forced to despise both candidates. Why can't we nominate someone with some good ideas AND ethics. There is just no long term vision. Well no SUSTAINABLE long term plans. Bush has a vision but it isn't sustainable. I don't knnow. This election is going to get me down. :sad:

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
It seems that the process is choosing the lesser of two evils. Which candidate is going to screw up less? :lol:

·
Registered
7,583 Posts
Spirare said:
I hear that Altair. I'm actually deciding now which dead person to write in for the Presidency as it appears I am yet again forced to despise both candidates. Why can't we nominate someone with some good ideas AND ethics. There is just no long term vision. Well no SUSTAINABLE long term plans. Bush has a vision but it isn't sustainable. I don't knnow. This election is going to get me down. :sad:
Heh, I had to read your response twice...when I lived in Philly in the mid 1980's, dead people weren't on the ballot, but they were voting.

·
Registered
893 Posts
I'm for Edwards at this point.

I don't like Kerry based on his voting record and the fact that he IS the Washington establishment he likes to rail against. Kerry is a genuine war hero, and that is his ONLY positive in my opinion. If he truly kicks the lobbyist out of Washington, will that include all the telecom grpoups who have been funding him for 14 years? :suspicio:

Also, he's another silver spoons kid like Bush. Why do the rich kids always get to run the country? :)

Edwards is GENUINELY from a middle class backgroud. Public schools, real jobs, and a self made man (law school, etc.) Edwards is qualified, but hasn't been in it so long that he can't have a fresh take. I want fresh blood in the Oval office.... I say give him the chance.

Just my opinion.

·
Registered
39 Posts
This is the first time I am chiming in in a very long time. Happy to see some people like Sporin half Greek are still here...

I would say Edwards too. I liked Kerry BTW.. I am an NPR junkie. I like Edwards because his speeches are moving and he can connect with midlle class folks. My worry with Kerry is when GB kicks off his campaign he will be as "typed" as Al Gore was as a "stiff robot" :). Regardless I hope 2004 is a good year for the Dems. :) My $0.02

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I'm just happy Dean is out of the race (and I'm supposed to be in his "college student" support base). Honestly, how can you talk about reforming government spending while simultaneously blowing $41 million with nothing to show?

Edwards seems like a decent guy, but he doesn't appeal to my interests. I'm hopefully going to medical school in 2006, so I would like to see massive reforms regarding malpractice suits. John Edwards is a trial lawyer so I highly doubt he would do anything about that and I'd still be paying $90,000 a year for insurance. And yes, John Edwards does take money from lawyer group lobbyists.

Kerry is one of those "do what I say not what I do" politicians. He wants attacks special interest groups in Washington while taking hundreds of thousands of dollars from lobbyists. Then of course he claims, "But that money never influenced my voting." Plus, he seems very fake and manufactured. He never really answers the questions asked.

Bush used to be my MAN. I thought he was great after 9/11 and regardless of the evidence, removing Saddam was the right thing to do. But now, he's just screwing around in Iraq, waiting for reconstruction bids and giving them to his buddies. He needs to send in more troops to kick ass and take names, open reconstruction projects to ALL supporting nations, then get the hell out of there by October at the latest. Let the UN police Iraq for the next few years. He also needs to give up on the whole gay marriage thing. You can't go around the world "fighting for freedom and democracy" while restricting the rights of a select population. I'll hang myself if they pass a constitutional amendment banning gay marriage. It's 2004 George, not 1950. The budget also needs to be reworked. My $1 needs to be worth more than 80 cents in Europe.

On a side note, I'm a conservative, straight man, but I'm getting as tired of assclowns like Rush Limbaugh and Bill O'Reilly as I am of Michael Moore's and Al Franken's lies and distortions. Especially f-ing Rush Limbaugh, who I would imagine has been slamming the ACLU his entire broadcasting career, but now is their best buddy since they're helping to block the release of his medical records.

In short, my father works for an oil company and I work for a pharmaceutical company. Bush-Cheney '04. :D

·
Registered
634 Posts
Ralph Nader is the epitome of assclown-ism.

I going with Edwards as well. Maybe he's a bit too much "Mr. Sunshine and Lollipops" but I think he's capable.

The Republicans lost me when they sold out to the Bible-bangers.

·
0 Posts
Nader talks like he can just walk into the white house if he feels like when in reality all he can do is swing enough votes to [email protected]#k things up! he so Craptasticly wonder!

:lol: assclown-ism. My vote for word of the month!

·
Registered
696 Posts
Nader will ensure imagined victimhood for at least 4 more years..
(Which is what the democrats want anyway)

Just think.. If a Democrat actually won, you wouldnt be able to hear Charlie Rangle say "oh i'm a poor victim because George Bush stole the election in Florida"
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

ENOUGH ALREADY

·
0 Posts
F. Monger said:
Nader will ensure imagined victimhood for at least 4 more years..
(Which is what the democrats want anyway)

Just think.. If a Democrat actually won, you wouldnt be able to hear Charlie Rangle say "oh i'm a poor victim because George Bush stole the election in Florida"
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

ENOUGH ALREADY
:lol: Dam am i the only Democrate that finds this funny!

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i think Edwards would also be a good choice. having working class roots, im sure he would not forget the working class when it comes to policy making - hopefully. Nader has many valid arguements, and if i werent worried about bush being re-elected, i would probably vote for him. i find i am much more anti-bush than i am pro-______

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
13 Participants
IDriveB5
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing