Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Well, we'll be watching what VW does with their version of the Caravan/Voyageur. As far as the Sharan, I've seen Mexican-badged versions on the freeway here, and it's notably narrower and smaller overall, more like the '80's Vanagon with a more modern exterior styling. Likely still too small for what we would do with this type of platform. We do need to tow, and seating for seven. Our Voyageur does nicely for us for space, and we make do with it's 4-cyl for light trailer towing now. As mentioned, quattro (4-mo) for towing along with it's safety features, with a 2.5l diesel would do me nice. Would like to tow up to 5K# if possiible, although we'd more than likely top out in the 3K# range.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Why have VW seemed to have fitted the same style front end to nearly all of their range now? it looks like the Passat the new Polo and slightly Golf like

·
Registered
910 Posts
It looks very much like the old Sharan which was jointly produced with Ford (as the Ford Galaxy) and Seat (whatyamakallit). That was a very boring people mover thingy too!

·
Registered
419 Posts

·
I'm Urlik's Hero
9,784 Posts
Chilledgibbo said:
It looks very much like the old Sharan which was jointly produced with Ford (as the Ford Galaxy) and Seat (whatyamakallit). That was a very boring people mover thingy too!
Agreed, nothing new there.

Alhambra, Galaxy and the Sharan all share the same platform and much of the switchgear boring and cost cutting, and not exciting to drive at all. I think they may even share mechanicals too, so that VW feeling may really be a Ford feeling after all.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
can you get anymore generic than that?!

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Green_Hornet said:
Well, we'll be watching what VW does with their version of the Caravan/Voyageur. As far as the Sharan, I've seen Mexican-badged versions on the freeway here, and it's notably narrower and smaller overall, more like the '80's Vanagon with a more modern exterior styling. Likely still too small for what we would do with this type of platform. We do need to tow, and seating for seven. Our Voyageur does nicely for us for space, and we make do with it's 4-cyl for light trailer towing now. As mentioned, quattro (4-mo) for towing along with it's safety features, with a 2.5l diesel would do me nice. Would like to tow up to 5K# if possiible, although we'd more than likely top out in the 3K# range.
you have 5 kids?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts