Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
How soon is it comming out? I was wondering how long it would take Toyota to put that beautiful new 4.0L V6 in the Taco. Finally get rid of the weazer 3.7L....

-Nick

·
Registered
428 Posts
TAckhouse1 said:
How soon is it comming out? I was wondering how long it would take Toyota to put that beautiful new 4.0L V6 in the Taco. Finally get rid of the weazer 3.7L....

-Nick
TAckhouse1, Toyota says it should be in dealerships by August '04. I'm looking forward to seeing the new Tacoma in person at the Chicago Auto Show next week.

·
Registered
9,154 Posts
Rumor has it that the Big 3 car makers are shaking in their boots with Toyota full commitment in penetrating the big truck market segment.

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
vuvision said:
Rumor has it that the Big 3 car makers are shaking in their boots with Toyota full commitment in penetrating the big truck market segment.
toyota has more to worry about with the nissan titan then the big 3 pickups..its hands down the best

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Z28Driver said:
vuvision said:
toyota has more to worry about with the nissan titan then the big 3 pickups..its hands down the best
I don't know, I agree that the Titan is a great truck, I still think the Big 3 (silly as the term is, since Toyota easily outsold Dodge/Chrysler, and depending on how you count it, outosold Ford), so lets say big 1, 3 and 4 still have alot to worry about.

The american car companies orginally laughed at japanese import cars, saying they would never conquer the American car....well here we are.

The domestics will deffinatly have to stay on their toes to prevent that from happening with their truck market.

Also Toyota has a redsinged and enlarged Tundra in the wings.

-Nick

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
curtis13 said:
3.7L? i guess i am not familiar with that engine. my 01 4x4 double cab had a weezer 3.4L! but my 93 4x4 toy had the real weezer....the 3.0L! i sure did like both of those trucks though!
sorry 3.4L is what I meant. Its actually not that bad of an engine, atleast when compared to the domestics competition for base V6's, with the exception of GMC's new I5 3.5L 220hp, of course there tagline of "Makes more HP then any competitors V6" will have to change, 220hp -vs- 245hp in the Yota V6.

-Nick

1 - 11 of 11 Posts