Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

BMW is moving ahead with their scheduled facelift on the 7-Series, and we expect the freshened Bimmer to be at dealerships as early as next summer.

The exterior of BMW's flagship will now be reshaped into a softer, less controversial look: the most visible changes will be the all-new headlights and the wider and more curved twin-kidney grille. Revised bumpers front and rear will round the facelift.

Under the hood, we expect the 4.4-liter engine to be tweaked to 4.8 liters, reaching an output of nearly 400 horsepower. And rumors are circulating of a modified and higher-output 6.0-liter V-12.

BMW hopes that these changes, as well as others including modifications to the iDrive System, will breathe new life into their controversial flagship.

source:cc

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
s class???? um, don't you mean 7-series?

you gotz me all confused

·
Banned
4,653 Posts
Gee, Bangle leaves and BMW immediatly reverses parts of his design. I don't think BMW brass liked him as much as they said publicly.

As for the car, yeah, I'd hit it.

·
Banned
1,750 Posts
jwil said:
Gee, Bangle leaves and BMW immediatly reverses parts of his design. I don't think BMW brass liked him as much as they said publicly.

i'd wanna see it's ass before i'd hit it. :lol:

seriously that trunk deck lid was bit much for me

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
4meezy said:
i'd wanna see it's ass before i'd hit it. :lol:

seriously that trunk deck lid was bit much for me
Yea I need to see the whole car. The front headlights actually grew on me, I liked the "eyebrow" effect.

-Nick

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
I was one of the few that liked the bangled version, except the trunk which seemed kind of wierd.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Those headlights give the car a cheap looking appearcance. Come on BMW, you got it right for so many years....it shouldn't be a problem to get back to beautiful designs.

·
Banned
4,653 Posts
This:

Or this:

I'll take the first one thanks. It's not perfect, but it's better.

Oh, and the first one is an obvious photochop, so don't be too harsh on it yet.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
jwil said:

Bangle did not leave BMW, he was PROMOTED to head of BMW design for all their makes (bmw/mini/rolls). The man that actually designed the current 7 series (I don't remember his name) will be taking his place.

·
Banned
4,653 Posts
Honda_to_VW said:
jwil said:

Bangle did not leave BMW, he was PROMOTED to head of BMW design for all their makes (bmw/mini/rolls). The man that actually designed the current 7 series (I don't remember his name) will be taking his place.
You got a source for that info, chief?

·
Registered
6,241 Posts
Blade said:
Those headlights give the car a cheap looking appearcance. Come on BMW, you got it right for so many years....it shouldn't be a problem to get back to beautiful designs.
I agree somewhat I feel the newer design is better (Not by much) then the current style however, I think it still looks like shit.

·
Registered
311 Posts
BMW designs have gone to the dogs...
Thank God I'm a fan of performance...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts