Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Unlike the Dodge SRT versions, which have bold looks and extreme performance, the Chrysler SRT vehicles will be understated and feature refined performance. The Crossfire SRT-6 is equipped with a hand-built 330-hp 3.2-liter supercharged V-6 with 330 hp and 310 lb-ft of torque. It is teamed to an upgraded five-speed automatic transmission with AutoStick. The SRT-6 will be able to perform the sprint from 0 to 60 mph in just 5 seconds. The top speed is electronically limited to 155 mph. The engine delivers 90 percent of peak torque in a broad power band from 2300 to 6200 rpm.

For optimal performance, the Crossfire SRT-6 has a sport tuned suspension with increased spring rates and performance tuned damping and ultra high performance Michelin Pilot Sport tires: 225/40 ZR-18 (front) and 255/35 ZR-19 (rear). Also the ESP is specifically tuned for dynamic driving. Four ventilated disc brakes with dual-piston calipers should stop the fast Crossfire from 60 to 0 mph in approximately 115 feet.

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
:puke: Not a fan of the Crossfire even with a 330hp v6 and no manual. It's different I guess. It embodies what I despise about American design. Take an inherently weak form and embellish the crap out of it. Germans take an intrinsically strong form and let it speak for itself (well used to, pre Bangle). All the farings, and ribs, and creases and mouldings... embellishment. Just look at the profile. It's ghastly. And that wing... It looks like a wide springboard. :puke:

·
Lisa Simpson
15,043 Posts
The wing is silly in shape. A smaller, moulded wing would be a huge improvement in the base car, but that looks like some one went to Wings West and asked for the biggest, ugliest thing they had and stuck it on with crazy glue.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
I was just going to say the same thing, Its a Mercedes AMG power train. and AMG dosen't believe in Manuals.

Even the new SLR with its zillion hp, runs through a standard 5spd Auto slush box. Its not even a squential manual....

-Nick

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I actually like the regular Crossfire better. For some reason, the original looks like it has less wheel gap (even in person), and you can get one for under $30k. Nice value for a luxury coupe that's basically a Mercedes CLK 320. :thumbup:

·
Registered
103 Posts
I think that the car looks good as a convertible if the goofy wing would be removed. Also I think that the convertible should be available with the regular engine.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
I like the Crossfire that's available right now better.

What's with the SRT..why are they so afraid to drop these cars and give them the apropriate stance. That car sits way to high.

·
Registered
9,106 Posts

Wow, that thing is farking hideous.

First, if you squint, you will see a Mercedes SLK kit car. If you've been drinking, you might even catch a little bit of G35 coupe or Lexus SC430 in the tail.

The car appears to sit too high off the ground for the image its trying to convey. That wing MUST go.

Are those Lincoln Blackwood-esque grooves on the hood? They look even more pronounced than in the coupe version.

Something about that picture screams "Roller skate!"

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Muhahahaha...I come from the dark side to re-live past topics by the master 20vvillian.

Thumber said:
What's with the SRT..why are they so afraid to drop these cars and give them the apropriate stance. That car sits way to high.
I take that back, they do need to sit lower but...anyone else see the show the other night(can't remember the name) where they test drove the SRT-6. This car flies...

·
Registered
544 Posts
With the exception of the wing, I love it. Then again, without the wing it looks a lot like a regular Crossfire. :)

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
the wing looks like the black plastic snow shovel I bought at Walmart!

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
jwaters943 said:
With the exception of the wing, I love it. Then again, without the wing it looks a lot like a regular Crossfire. :)
Exactly.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
This is more proof domestic cars are still catching up to european cars. The srt-4, not a turbo charged neon. I'm sure the 1.8T engines had a lot to do with this. The 5 speed aoutomatic in this srt-6, with autostick. Whether Mercedes merged with them or not, I still wouldn't trust Chrysler transmissions.

It's a cavalier front end with a 350z rear.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts