Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
4,653 Posts
So much for the G-Wagen being a capable, off roader, descended from the military. Now it's just another oversized, overpriced, yuppy, grocery getting, gas guzzling, parked in front of Nieman Marcus, wankermobile.

·
Registered
544 Posts
i swear that second pic is a photoshop of a Caddy SRX.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
yeah, the top pic is the upcoming ML, the front and rear restyled with no so generic lights. Unfortunately the side is still the same generic, minivan-like styling of the current ML. Mercedes will have to do much better than that to compete with the excellent VW Touareg, Lexus RX330, Infinity FX, BMW X5, and Cadillac SRX -- the current ML is not doing well in sales and is dismal resale values.

And the redesign of the G-wagon (the lower pic) is a move in the wrong direction. With the popularity of unabashedly rude and crude SUVs such as the H2, Escalade, and newer variations of the Hummer, this new G-wagon loses it's uniqueness and legendary military roots for another lost in the sea of large SUV styling and character. The new Toyota Landcruiser and Lexus LX450 will surely kick its butt when it comes out.

·
Registered
7,583 Posts
I see a silver G-wagen around my neighborhood...it's nice, but it doesn't look very big on the inside or outside, to my eye.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
$70K Highlander. :thumbdow:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
15 Participants
SDPassatT
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing