Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

As you can see from this exclusive official picture, the flagship version is based on the current car, but 18-inch alloy wheels, a new front bumper and several striking pink STi badges set it apart from models in the rest of the Forester line-up.

The gaping air inlet on the bonnet is also the mark of a true sporting Subaru, and hints at what lurks under the bonnet. The Japanese firm has chosen a 2.5-litre turbocharged engine, mated to the same six-speed manual gearbox as seen in the Impreza STi. To help drivers cope with the extra performance, the Impreza's uprated braking system has also been fitted. There are currently no plans to bring this thrilling Forester to the UK, but it does show what we can look forward to from the forthcoming Legacy B4 STi, which home market bosses are keen to export to Europe. With a tuned version of the Legacy's 3.0-litre flat-six engine, the STi variant will produce around 300bhp, which should provide awesome on-road performance

Article from: Auto Express

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Awesome engine, interesting roof rails, otherwise :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

·
Registered
12,116 Posts
Funny, I was just thinking about these "in the works" and "class or crass" topics when I saw this a couple weeks ago. It's no longer just an artist rendition btw, a real version has been shown:

Probably not coming here, but at least US owners have more factory JDM parts available :)

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
It's not my cup of joe either (b/c I don't care for SUV's in general), however if I HAD to get an SUV, it would prob be the Forester STi. I honestly can't see how someone would consider this car ugly though, b/c it's so subtle. Perhaps boring, but def not visually offensive. I like it, b/c it looks pretty clean. It least it looks better than the guady junk from Toyota/Lexus/Honda/Nissan/Mitsubishi/GM/Ford, etc.

Other than that, I do applaud Subaru for making an effort to further the cause of performance in their lineup. I think it's cool that so many manufacturers out there are offering souped-up versions of their regular cars

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Wait people are calling wagons with lift kits SUVs now? I didn't think even an Allroad or Cross Country were considered SUVs.

As for the Forester STi it is going to be faster than my Passat ever will be but I think it's damn ugly. I don't go crazy over the WRX STi (maybe it's that funny exhaust note, it reminds me of Briggs & Stratton) but I think it is much better looking than the Forester.

I don't know, I could see rolling in the WRX but not the Forester.

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
The Forester really should be up for a total redesign soon...those square headlights are lookin' really dated.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
14 Participants
stealthx32
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing