Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Lisa Simpson
15,043 Posts
Why is it trying to be a Jetta?

Oh, God, I do not like that at all. Not the Bangleness of it, but the car in general. I expect a less over-the-top vehicle for a 3, and not a Fuga-d up Jetta. It looks like one of those old Altimas got into it with a Corolla.

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
why can't he design cars with elegant cut lines in the body??? take the c-pillar line on the Golf IV and Golf V...that's elegant. The new 3 isn't.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Medrosje said:
why can't he design cars with elegant cut lines in the body??? take the c-pillar line on the Golf IV and Golf V...that's elegant. The new 3 isn't.
I know, for chrissakes, how [email protected]#$ing hard is it for him to make a car that doesn't look like an asburd mess of missmatched angles and lines :mad:. Honestly I could draw up a better new 3 than this, in fact, I think I will go get started on it right away. Bangle is bungling up just about everything...

-Wapptor

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
crew217 said:
why can't they put nice tips on it? Looks kinda ghetto like that.
Because it's preproduction... :roll:

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
the taillight design and how it's integrated into the body is horrendous. the back of the headlights aren't too far behind either.

but i do like the offset exhaust tips.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Alright, Ninja this. I did a quick QUICK sketch just to see if the lines of this monstrosity could be cleaned up at all. I think there's potential here, and its really only the front end and sides that need too much help. I'll start doing the big stuff tomorrow.

And for all of you who are noting the shittiness inherent to my sketch, I CAN draw for example...

Yes I drew that (pen and ink) and hope to do something of similar quality with this sketch in the end. Comments and suggestions are welcome!

-Wapptor

·
Banned
3,006 Posts
wapptor it is obvious from just the sketch that you have some artistic talent. you should see my sketch :puke: :puke:

as for the 3 series I would never drive any of them with out the M part anyway. :suspicio:

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
Wapptor: You just drew a E46. i.e. BMW would be stuck in 2000-2004 forever. What fun is that? While I may not like the designs, its a direction...for better or for worse, you can't run a car company producing the same thing for a whole decade.

Unless you're Henry Ford and you just produced the first automobile.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.