Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
the V8 in that thing will pwn. Hopefully it didn't gain too much weight and can take full advantage of the engine.

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
I'm pissed that the new M3 isn't getting a reworked S62 engine. At least I heard they are tweaking the all-new V8 to be more than the predicted 4.0L and 400bhp. Just like the M5 -- going from 5.0L and 500bhp to 5.5L and 550bhp next year.

Looks like the RS4 did what it was designed to do: piss off Munich.

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
BMW is also the most profitable German auto manufacturer. The E46 is a modern classic. Timeless. Most of all it's a hard act to follow in design. BMW suffered this with all their cars that were available around 2000. They were so subtle and polished that whatever came out after HAD to go downhill. The new sheetmetal sells the car to non enthusiasts easier and that's business. I've given up on BMW for looks...but their engines! I'm interested to know what (necessary) technology they will shoehorn, hammer, pound, and smash into this thing.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
I like it much better than the E90 sedan, but they have all gotten too big and heavy. The 335 (twin-turbo coupe) weighs over 3500lb!!!! I bet the M3 weighs even more, unless they go heavy on the composites/etc which will bump the price, too.

I don't like the weak, curvy c-pillar and rear end. The E36 and E46 coupes are still better-looking.

Oh, I almost forgot: The new models don't even have dipsticks!:confused:

You fill until the computer says full. Talk about techno overkill.....:hmmm:

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
Needs more cutlines.

·
1st Gear
17,568 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts