Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
hydrogen is such an appealing fuel. but will people ever get over storing high-pressure hydrogen in their trunk? isn't it just a little explosive/flammable? i know with proper engineering it can be safe, but the mass of morons out there will only believe pictures of the hindenburg.

·
Retired PassatWorld Staff
6,164 Posts
The fear of storing it isn't the hurdle... is the restructuring of the distribution infrastructure that is the biggest block.

Well after the fact that even though it's one of the most abundant elements on earth, it's never in free form, and it VERY expensive to 'release' into the useable elemental form.

Maybe eventually, but not until there's another cheap/free form of fuel to power the plants to produce the hydrogen... maybe our grandchildrens children will see it.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
if you give me a Hydrogen engine and a 5-speed ... than I'm down ... seems like a one hell of an engine ... plus give it two years and that thing will make 9sec 1/4mile :D

ps. hydrogen is no more flammable and explosive than gasoline ... its people that are paranoid :nervous:

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
ps ... hindenburg didn't blew up because of hydrogen ... it was cause some idiot in Germany decided to make the outer shell out of "gun powder" like substance which made a good weather protection :lol: ... Discovery Channel is great ... isn't it ? :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.