Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Rogue Assassin
2,977 Posts
Seeing these official pics hasn't altered my opinion that this is a very slickly styled car. I think they did a great job with the surfaces. Every line resolves somewhere on the car, the side crease has the door handles and ends up defining the lines of the taillights. The chrome trim at the base of the windows continues forward to define the hood opening and the top line of the headlights. Not sure I like the creases in the hood that are continued into the grille, but they make sense within the context of the design. And I really like the fact that the lower air intake is more of a sneer than another freakin' smile like so many recently designed cars.

·
Registered
6,720 Posts
A lot of great detailing on this. Notice how the lower window trim continues to the headlights between the fender and hood.

·
Rogue Assassin
2,977 Posts
...The chrome trim at the base of the windows continues forward to define the hood opening and the top line of the headlights...
Ahem! ;):lol: (I guess great minds just think alike....)

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Sure, it's sharp. But it looks like cars we've already seen. Particularly some of the new designs from Toyota/Lexus. I even see some CC in there.

·
I'm just itching to be Banned
13,884 Posts
It looks like and updated version of an 02 Camry. :thumbdown But I'm going to stop there before I continue another hate rant against Hyundai. :lol:

·
Registered
816 Posts
looks like ass. its a commuter car they try and make look ritzy.

hyundai is crap. say all you want about improved quality but if you've actually driven one or owned or been around them you'd know, they're still crap.

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
I said it the last time the then new Sonata came out and I'll say it with this new one. I think Hyundai is doing a better job of designing the Camry than Toyota is.

·
Registered
7,568 Posts
I said it the last time the then new Sonata came out and I'll say it with this new one. I think Hyundai is doing a better job of designing the Camry than Toyota is.
x2. Hyundai design keeps impressing me and Toyota's recent efforts have really put me off.

·
Moderator/Administrator
24,745 Posts
blech

·
Registered
675 Posts
It looks ok in those pics, but if you ever drove one, you dont want one. Did I mention 22-24 mpg highway on an '07 sonata with no problems / everything checked, well maintained. (For the V6) I get 32 highway EASILY on my '99 V6 passat.

·
I'm just itching to be Banned
13,884 Posts
x2. Hyundai design keeps impressing me and Toyota's recent efforts have really put me off.
I've seen shopping carts with more design flair than a Camry, it's really not that great of an accomplishment to say "hyundai has better styling than Toyota" It's like saying, I look better than McLovin from Superbad. That may be true, but it really isn't saying much about yourself. :lol:

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
It looks like and updated version of an 02 Camry. :thumbdown But I'm going to stop there before I continue another hate rant against Hyundai. :lol:

I've seen shopping carts with more design flair than a Camry, it's really not that great of an accomplishment to say "hyundai has better styling than Toyota" It's like saying, I look better than McLovin from Superbad. That may be true, but it really isn't saying much about yourself. :lol:
awww looks like the hyundai girl next door broke newman's :heart:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts