Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

207-hp TFSI engine, and the car comes with an electronic limited-slip differential called XDS and the Scirocco's adaptive chassis. Of course, DSG is available for snapping off quick gearchanges

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
So basically it's exactly the same as the MKV?

·
Confused
3,557 Posts
The headlight design is a little strange to me, but the rest of the car is hot.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
electronic lsd? why can't they just throw in a decent helical unit?

technically, it does seem like the same old. well, the Mk5 was pretty good for what it was, so it's not exactly a terrible thing that they kept what they had. I like the seats the most though. the bolsters are meatier, and I like how the kept the plaid. hope they didn't get rid of the beloved golf-ball shift knob. Exterior looks good. I think it'll grow on me, and honestly I think the sharp and aggressive lines are more appropriate for a car like the GTi.

Overall it's nice. I agree it could have been better with an awd option, and more power to match the current competition, but you just have to accept the fact that it probably isn't too realistic. VW's focus isn't about all out performance cars, but more along the lines of a very solid and fun to drive daily. It's respectable effort, but it is a little too conservative.

I like it all the same.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts