Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
I like the fact that Chrysler is trying to be different with it's styling but I really can't stomach the Ram 1500 front end on all their vehicles. Even the Caliber looks like a little truck. I would seriously consider their products if the styling changed. That said, it looks like the've soften the lines a bit which is good.

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
I like the fact that Chrysler is trying to be different with it's styling but I really can't stomach the Ram 1500 front end on all their vehicles.
This is true. I guess they figure that style is/was popular right when the 1500 came out in '94, so why mess with a good thing? I agree that they incorporate the Ram's front styling across the board on their vehicles.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
The best part about the new Charger is that finally cops have something real to drive again. I see them all over Interstate 95 in Maryland now. They are *only* the regular Hemi but still we're talking a car capable of 100mph in the 1/4 mile.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Not to knitpick, but thats at least an 08 ... my 07 SRT looks nothing like that.
I do like the old nose better. The 08 looks too squished.
What I'd really like is the Charger nose on the Magnum body.
Back up? With 425 horses, I back up for no one :)

·
Carlos Spicyweiner
7,048 Posts
I seriously considered a Magnum on my last two cars, it made the short list on the last one actually, down to a Passat 3.6, 5.7 Magnum, or the Audi.

An auto fits the car's personality perfectly. I like them a lot, but it's not really a "drivers" car. More of a great, fast, domestic touring car, that you can use like an suv when you need to. Personally don't think I would want one with a stick. Even the SRT-8 seems to be a better all around package with the auto. I assume they could of made one of the MB 6-speeds work in this though. At least to have an option.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
A manual tranny - while I would have considered one - is simply not the tranny for this type of car. Big, heavy, powerful, American ... they just do not scram "manual". Big cars with manuals never sold well.
I will say that after tracking several SRT's at Watkins Glen, the trans goes into sport mode without much provocation, matched revs on downshifts and properly holds gears, etc.
Outside of the control aspect, the auto finds second right around 60 and look for third around 90. It doesn't need to shift much with all that torque!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.