Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

We would expect nothing less than a serious suspension upgrade along with the installation of the 505-horsepower, 7.0-liter LS7 V8 from the latest Z06 Corvette. This would put the CTS-V right back into the same league as the 500-hp 2006 BMW M5 in terms of power and at least a little closer when it comes to handling and steering feel. Throw in an upgraded interior and the CTS-V would start looking like a bargain again.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
it will be a failure
until american car companies realize that you need to beef up the suspension when you add more power, they will contine to fall short of audi, bmw and mercedes.
oh and please stop with the fake plastic wood. its hideous

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Not to be an ass but these are all reposts from the tex. I assume most members here go to the Car Lounge so I don't understand the point.

·
RETIRED Super Stealth Moderator
27,900 Posts
JamesBondage said:
Those fenders look amazing . . .
On any other car. :D
funny how the luxo crowd is taking its styling cues from the new MBs. those fenders don't look amazing on the MBs, either.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Man, the biggest downfall about these bad-a$$ engines in american cars, specifially the CTS is the interior. They just plain suck. Not sure about the 4x4 fender flares either. But man, LS7.... oh yeah!! :evil:

I DO NOT visit the 'Tex car lounge... but I do like reading posts about people admitting they are an a$$. :poke:

-Cody

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
30vVT said:
Not to be an ass but these are all reposts from the tex. I assume most members here go to the Car Lounge so I don't understand the point.
Anytime someone starts out with "Not to be an ass but.." it means they usually are trying to be one. And in that sense - mission accomplished. I wouldn't be so quick to assume that everyone here spends time on Vortex.

And back on topic - I like the attempt here by Cadillac. Its not BMW quality yet, but they're getting there. I don't even mind the fender arches.

·
Salty Moderation Stylez
12,663 Posts
30vVT said:
I don't touch the vortex with my 30 foot pole ;)

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
30vVT said:
I don't Got to vortex to check for cars I have my own sources you think this originated on vortex, Go there and stay there that way you won't see the repost. Otherwise ignore them altogether, go read the engine mount DIY.

·
6th Grade
14,918 Posts
Dirty Dan said:
it will be a failure
until american car companies realize that you need to beef up the suspension when you add more power, they will contine to fall short of audi, bmw and mercedes.
Cadillac hasn't used fake wood since the early 1990's....

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
the edgy look of the CTS got old and tired fast. It really needs a redesign (especially the cheap interior). Those fender flares is and definately looks like an afterthought.
The engine is sweet though.

·
I got this user title because I'm old and special
8,552 Posts
Dirty Dan said:
it will be a failure
I guess you haven't driven the CTS-V. The thing handles quite well. It may not be a BMW beater, but I think it handles better than the S4 and the AMG C32. It is a great car and a bargain for performance sedan.

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
Those flares are awesome. I bet you can fit an obscene amount of tire under that (which is what they're for...you try harnessing 500+ horsies on street tires). 335/355's anyone?

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
Those aren't flares...just a misproportioned car. :p

1 - 20 of 20 Posts