Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Power to move the Velite comes from Buick’s experimental twin-turbocharged, intercooled global V-6 engine. Four hundred horsepower and 400 lb.-ft. of torque are derived from its DOHC design and 3.6-liter displacement. The engine features fuel-saving variable valve timing technology, which is available on some of GM’s four-, five-, six- and eight-cylinder engines. Through the use of variable engine valve timing, valve lift and duration is continuously varied to improve fuel economy, horsepower and torque, while reducing emissions.

The V-6 is backed by a Hydra-Matic 6L80-E six-speed, rear-wheel-drive automatic transmission equipped with manual tap-shift gear selection. A pair of large, oval exhaust outlets provides an aural reminder that performance is very much a part of the vehicle’s character.

source: rsports

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Finally an elegant, decent looking Buick!!! :thumbup:

I remember reading about this in a recent car mag. Buick got a Japanese designer to do this concept, which will shape future Buick models to come, hopefully. The interior is very nice with a tasteful blend of two tone brown and tan leather, soft grey-blue lower dash and door accents, bronze and nickel-plated trim and guages -- classicaly modern.

The last Riviera was obscenely oversized and proportioned, like if you take a Jaguar XK8 coupe and over inflate its mass by 30%.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Get rid of the dumb "portholes" (yes, I know it's a Buick design cue) and the forward 10% and it's not bad at all.

Everything that protrudes past the headlights, most of all that bulbous, hideous grille, is not good.

You think that motor will see light of day?

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
well if it turns out to look 20% like the concept id be surprised :roll:

·
Registered
6,241 Posts
Yeah I saw this today at the car show and it really didnt do anything for me. Not like the RL or the GS 430.

·
Registered
6,241 Posts
SDPassatT said:
Flippped said:
Yeah I saw this today at the car show and it really didnt do anything for me. Not like the RL or the GS 430.
damn larry...i cant even keep up.
Maybe if you put the beer down for a few minutes you might have a chance. :roll: :p :wink:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts