Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
No they don't want originality since they want to compete with Accord. The resemblance is not an accident but a strategy. I must say strategy that seems to work.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
No they don't want originality since they want to compete with Accord. The resemblance is not an accident but a strategy. I must say strategy that seems to work.
What does that say about the people who buy the car then :poke:

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
therockshow182 said:
What does that say about the people who buy the car then :poke:
Well it says that they are looking for bargain. That's all. Not everybody is car buff.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
It looks pretty damn good - as do several of the Hyundai/Kia lot. If I ever look into an SUV (gasp! horror!) a Kia Sorento would be the first, then a 3.5L Santa Fe - since they are REAL trucks.
Nonetheless, it seems like an Avalon sized car for a reasonable price. If Hyundai can kep its quality up, it'll hand Ford, Toyota, Honda and Nissan their a**es. Hyundai can't build the volume, but they can do some damage. The original Sonata was a HUGE car, and better than the Camry/Accord/Taurus of the time. But its quality was poor (blame Canada!). The Koreans have leared A LOT over the past 18 years.

·
the deal finder!
15,574 Posts
well Hyundai has improved dramatically in their reliability in the last year or two, so this is definately a good bargain hunter car. plus, it's got a nice long warranty

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Current Sonata is a competent family sedan although it got the C-Class headlights and S-Type grille. :)

·
Registered
6,241 Posts
I agree Hyundai has made a lot of major accomplishments over the 18-20 years.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
I don't mind this Sonata at all. I think it looks classy. Plus I think it's fairly original (even the rear) in this day and age of auto manufacturer's "copying" one another.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts