Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Looks like they added roll-down middle windows. I don't mind not having them on our current Oddy, but can see the advantages.

I like that they fixed the sorry placement of the shifter. That's my main complaint about ours.

As secretive as Honda has been about it, I am surprised that it isn't more different, but why mess with the best?

I think it will have the same 3.5 l V6...not sure. I had hope for a hybrid, at least as a version. We'll see...

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If Honda also fix outgoing Odyssey's featherweight steering and lack of detent between D3/B4, with the driving feel of the new Accord. It would be an even greater minivan than ever.

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
i must say this is a pretty good looking minivan!

they're gonna absolutely murder the competition with this one.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Looks like an intresting van, I thought it was supposed to be out this fall,

Im surprised we havn't heard more about it.

The middle power windows are nice, Toyota's Sienaa has them. Great for kids, and helps move some more air through the cabin.

Also the shifter's placement is again similar to the Sienna's. It looks a little wierd at first, but is quite well placed.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Now hopefully they also added a split 3rd row bench as well as fold away middle seats. sunroof (for the rear would be good too). Xenon lights, then my friends, we would have achieved altimate Minivan dom.
I've always like how Oddessey looked. Not much change from the pics is good. Most of the changes needed are the interior conveniences.

Anybody else thinks that the front looks like a mazda and the headlight looks like Bangle

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Front is Sienna-ish but I like that. Shifter is :thumbup: - never did like column shifters.
Well, looks like the Ody's are goin' back to MSRP+++ - got a real good deal on our '04 so we'll have to live with it for quite a while.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
veedubyo said:
Now hopefully they also added a split 3rd row bench as well as fold away middle seats. sunroof (for the rear would be good too). Xenon lights, then my friends, we would have achieved altimate Minivan dom.
I've always like how Oddessey looked. Not much change from the pics is good. Most of the changes needed are the interior conveniences.

Anybody else thinks that the front looks like a mazda and the headlight looks like Bangle
The Current Toyota Sienna has everything, but the fold away middle seats.

-Nick

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
The Current Toyota Sienna has everything, but the fold away middle seats.

-Nick
I've driven the current Toyota sienna. It did have everything except the look of the the Oddessey. The drive however was like :thumbdow: . steering is like molasses. road noise a little too loud. was not comfortable at the drivers seat. Plus the prices right now are downright robbery.

G

·
An assist!

NEWS STRAIGHT FROM THE SOURCE... VTEC PREDICTS
2005 Odyssey
Motor is uprated to 250HP, will use VCM (Variable Cylinder Management)
Moonroof (only on EX-L+)
Standard VSA (Vehicle Stablity Assist)
Auto door locks (lock above 10MPH)
3-Zone climate control
DVD system & voice activated navigation system available together
360W 7-speaker Stereo System with subwoofer and 6-disc CD Changer
DVD screen enlarged from 7" to 9"
Drive-By-Wire (Electronic Throtlle)
IP shifter. (instrument panel mounted)
New touring model
Adjustable pedals and front & rear parking assistance on touring model
Convex "conversation" mirror
Power liftgate
60/40 Split 3rd row seat
17(!) cup holders
Available Plus-1 seating on the 2nd row. (3-passenger 2nd Row)
No head rest removal needed to fold 3rd Row
Body rigidity improved by 20%
Radio antenna now inside the glass
Side curtain airbags on all models
Power windows on rear sliding doors

For clues of what the '05 US market Odyssey might look like, take a look at the new Elysion which will go on sale in Japan in a few weeks: http://www.honda.co.jp/ELYSION/whats/. Our guess is that the Elysion is a shortened version of the US-market Odyssey. It has many of the features listed for the '05 US-market Odyssey.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
hm...no fold down second row seats?

what about a split folding rear seat?

seems like a cool van, as Toyota did, honda looked at the van's on the market, took the best features from them all, and add their own twist.

-Nick

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
TAckhouse1 said:
...what about a split folding rear seat?
...-Nick
It did quote 60/40 rear seat.

I wonder if it will still take regular. Seriously, that's a big deal. I've got 240 hp now with regular, and if going to 250 requires premium, they can keep it.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
NEWS STRAIGHT FROM THE SOURCE... VTEC PREDICTS
2005 Odyssey
Motor is uprated to 250HP, will use VCM (Variable Cylinder Management)
Moonroof (only on EX-L+)
Standard VSA (Vehicle Stablity Assist)
Auto door locks (lock above 10MPH)
3-Zone climate control
DVD system & voice activated navigation system available together
360W 7-speaker Stereo System with subwoofer and 6-disc CD Changer
DVD screen enlarged from 7" to 9"
Drive-By-Wire (Electronic Throtlle)
IP shifter. (instrument panel mounted)
New touring model
Adjustable pedals and front & rear parking assistance on touring model
Convex "conversation" mirror
Power liftgate
60/40 Split 3rd row seat
17(!) cup holders
Available Plus-1 seating on the 2nd row. (3-passenger 2nd Row)
No head rest removal needed to fold 3rd Row
Body rigidity improved by 20%
Radio antenna now inside the glass
Side curtain airbags on all models
Power windows on rear sliding doors

20V come through again. Awsome find. Can't wait to replace my crappy Dodge Caravan

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.