Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The current Land Rover Discovery has been on the market since 1998 and will be replaced by an all-new model, to be introduced in April this year at the New York Auto Show. The new seven-seater is clearly showing Range Rover's undeniable influence. The new Discovery will no longer have the spare wheel mounted at the tailgate but has it under the boot floor. It will no longer have the characteristic "step" in the roofline, which turns out to be straight now, as can be seen on the photos.

Sitting on an all-new platform code-named T5, the newcomer will measure a bit more in overall length and wheelbase than today's model but less in width and height. In exchange it will have a more luxurious MPV-style interior and is promising better balanced and sportier handling. It will adopt a Range Rover-derived front and rear suspension.

The new Land Rover Discovery has permanent four-wheel drive, and power will come from a choice of three engines: a 4.0-liter V-6 with 250 hp, a 4.2-liter V-8 with 270 hp, and a 2.7-liter common-rail diesel V-6.

source: cc

·
Registered
709 Posts
Land Rover sucks. I don't know why people who can afford it would waste their money on those. That looks like utter crap, and it's probably just as reliable. I'd take the money for that and put it towards a quality SUV... or better yet, something really friggin' fast.

·
Registered
311 Posts
That's trash... I long for the days before ford's involvement...

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
That is brutal!!!

Looks like a Honda CRV and Honda Element mated with slight makeover from Pontiac and Hummer. A really bad distaster.

I think Range Rover is totally missing their target audience: affluent professionals with some class, sophistication and adventure. This has not one bit of elegance and refinement at all. The H2 has a (ah-hem) unique beauty of it's own, but the H2 influences doesn't work at all on this brand and vehicle.
There's a slew of SUVs much more attractive and capable in this price range than this thing.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I wonder if it will retain Rovers off road capabilities :thumbup: .
In any case the Jersey malls will be filled with them :roll:

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
I wonder if they will bring their diesel to the US. I have always like the discovery even though they are unreliable and get bad gas mileage.

·
Registered
9,154 Posts
not_too_shabby said:
I wonder if they will bring their diesel to the US. I have always like the discovery even though they are unreliable and get bad gas mileage.
Diesel is out ... think hybrid engine :thumbup:

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
at least it's an improvement over the last one. but really...is that saying much of a compliment?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts