Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
0 Posts
Well put and in return, Please lord Give safe haven to those lost, that they may walk in the light.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Firstly...in rememberance of the victims of 9/11... we will never forget!

I had an interesting breakfast conversation this morning with my mom. We were talking about the memorial services for the 9/11 victims and families. She basically said " enough already with all the hoopla surrounding 9/11." I asked her why she said that and she replied, "each time we have these services and memorials there are people on the other side of the world laughing because they know they hit us hard, where it hurts and are planning more ways of hurting us deeply"

I took a step back and thought about what she said and didn't buy what she said totally because its only 3 years fresh in our memories. Some people need time to heal, the country needs time to heal. I am sure the same feelings were felt after Pearl harbor. I hope everyone affected by the events of 9/11 find inner peace and everyone is in my prayers, honestly.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
I'm kinda curious how many years after Pearl we had such public services and such.

I'm still deeply saddenned by 9/11 but I do kinda agree with your mom, re-living such events only reinforces how much we hurt for it and shows terrorists, what works and what doesn't.

My heart breaks for the victims, survivors and even witnesses of 9/11, but if I was any I'd want to put that chapter of my life to bed and keep it from being a repeatable public spectacle.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
I think the most important thing is to never lose site of all the people that lost their lives that day, to keep their families in our prayers and honor the memories of the all the rescue workers that gave their lives trying to save others.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If we don't forget that will mean we learned something, and they did not died for good.
Other point is if someone is using tragedy for for his purposes and making PR out of it.
Unfortunately, this is era of consumers and even death is merchandise.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
9/11 was and still is our generation's Pearl Harbor.

I still get angry when I think of what happened that day, but the feelings turn to pride as I think of how we, as a country pulled together. No divisions, politics, no hyphens.

We were Americans, we cried together, worked to rebuild together and vowed to not change the way we live together.

The terrorists took innocent lives away from us that day and changed the landscape forever. They also made us stronger and helped us realize that terror wasn't something across the ocean.

May we never forget, may we continue to remember those lost, may we continue to remember how we pulled together, may we try that much harder as a nation.

May we take time out of our days to stop and do something nice for someone that would appreciate it.

·
Registered
6,876 Posts
jwilker said:
I'm still deeply saddenned by 9/11 but I do kinda agree with your mom, re-living such events only reinforces how much we hurt for it and shows terrorists, what works and what doesn't.

Its easy for someone that didnt lose anyone in the attacks to say that.....ask if the victims families attending these services feels that they are too much.

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
Today I will take a step back and take time to reflect on the devistation of the day of 9/11/01. I remember where I was and the fact that my Mother was getting ready to drive her best friend to the airport that morning :nervous: They obviusly stayed put here at home watching the unbelieveable things happeneing on TV. IIRC, I think it was either later that day, or possibly the next day, we took a short ride and went to a spot nearby that was high enough to see the NY City skyline. We could actually see the smoke from the fallen towers. Just to give you an idea, we weren't too far from Princeton NJ, so the smoke was very high and mighty for us to be able to see it so far away.

I remember being glued to the TV for days and I don't think I have ever been so confused as to why this happened :???: It took a while to grasp the events that unfolded that day.

I find it to be a blessing that those that mean the most to me are here today :bow: I am extremely lucky in so many ways.

My heart goes out to all with loved ones affected by that day :heart:

·
Banned
5,213 Posts
e_andree said:
jwilker said:

Its easy for someone that didnt lose anyone in the attacks to say that.....ask if the victims families attending these services feels that they are too much.
I was gonna say pretty much the same thing. Try telling that to the victims' families.

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
God bless and rest in peace.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
e_andree said:
jwilker said:

I hope I didn't offend. Perhaps they like re-visiting the tragedy, I wouldn't. I certainly don't want to disparage anyone, victim or survivor, or family. I can only speak for myself.

·
Registered
6,876 Posts
No, I dont think you offended anyone. Everyone deals with things in different ways. If these ceremonies didnt happen, youd get many of the families asking why theyre loved ones werent being honored.

I was in DC that day, and I never want to have to go through the confusion that was occuring at that time. Unfortunately, its going to happen again in some shape and form. Its inevitable.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
In memory of Richard S. Gabrielle (bond007goldfinger). I am sure most here were not around when "bond007goldfinger was here. He was a very awesome, enthusiastic member and sadly he past away with all those people (RIP) in the 911 tragedy.

If you click on the link that gietl posted you can read more about him as we did a tribute for one of our fellow brethern.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts