Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know where to get this in dash aux input? is this a headphone style jack that would work with any mp3 player not just ipod? anyone know of an adapter to run this through the monsoon headunit CD changer control? Where is the ipod holder mounted?

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
When I did this, I ended up going to Radio Shack and created mine. My stereo has an AUX input, where I took this adapter (Female 1/8" to RCA male), drilled a hole in one of the blanks, installed the jack and ran the RCA's to the AUX input of the stereo.

It was under $10 to make... IIRC.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I want to install something for my ipod also. Does anyone know if I'll still be able to use my 6 disk cd changer if I use one of devices that ties into the rca inputs?

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Meap said:
I want to install something for my ipod also. Does anyone know if I'll still be able to use my 6 disk cd changer if I use one of devices that ties into the rca inputs?
the blitzsafe device plugs into the CD changer port of your HU. therefore you can not use the CD changer anymore if you use this particular blitzsafe (you probably have other options, tho, wait for more replies or do a search)

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
I Made the exact same aux-in in my car yesterday, took less than 30minutes and it looks great. thanks for the insporation lotremba/
I just wish I could find a BLACK jack input to match the rest of the dash, and even better would be to have it light up red at night (little 'led' circle around the jack plug would be awesome and would look OEM!)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts