Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if you have already read this, I have edited the post title so that it apeeals to more members

Hi all, (posted on the main discussion board, copied it here incase some of you don't visit the main board)

Important info for all members with Chipped cars

There was a thread over the weekend that was having a discussion about what DV's you should get and alot of members, myself included said we had gone for a Forge 007, then one member i think b5point5 said that if you have a chipped car then the standard spring in the Forge unit is too weak as its only manufactured to OE boost standard and you need to upgrade to a stronger spring, otherwise you can lose boost through it leaking past the DV spring.

On the back of this comment i emailed Forge UK and asked about the spring in the 007 in regards to using it on a chipped passat, they confirmed what b5point5 had said and said that they suggest that with a chipped passat that the internal spring be upgraded to either a green (i assume they meant yellow, as green is the weakest followed by yellow followed by blue in the tuning kit you can get) or blue spring and also said if i emailed my address details back to them, they would send me a blue spring to try, so i sent my details and as with most companies you email these days i didn't expect anything in reply.

But hats off to them, today in the post arrived a blue spring and also a Forge metal keyring :thumbup: , just have to wait till i have time to fit it now.

So in one instance i am very happy with the customer service received from Forge UK, with them sending me a spring & keyring free of charge but on the otherhand i am a bit peeved that they dont display this info on the website with the DV's and give you an option of a stronger spring for chipped cars when you buy the DV.

So to conclude, if any of you B5er's has a Forge DV (or come to think about it, any non standard DV on a chipped car) on a chipped car then i would suggest that you just drop Forge USA (Uk for Uk members) (or the makers of your DV) a bell and ask them the same question and see what they say.

I am waiting delivery of my boost gauge, so i will see what readings i get before i change the spring and then after, just to see if it wasn't holding the boost.

Thanks

Peter

P.S. sorry if you all knew about this anyway.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
xjanPST said:
Sorry to be kind of offtopic, but does anyone have any info if the Audi TT valve is also too weak.. (am too waiting for my boost gauge so I do not know what is happening under the hood)
Depends which TT, i would imagine the 225bhp TT will have a stronger spring than the 180bhp, so it should be stronger than the passats standard DV spring

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
xjanPST said:
OK... the Audi dealership here claims the 710N is used both on 180hp and 225hp TT-s, so it should be ok, but.... how much boost are these TT-s using?
Well as its the same 1.8 engine as the Passat with just a bigger k04 turbo on then they must be running higher boost, possibly around 1bar but maybe you will have to seek the answer for that question on an Audi forum or try the main disscusion forum on this site (general discussion).

·
Registered
64 Posts
you might wanna try 710P dv
original audi part for RS6 :wink:

already have it installed for over a year now without a single problem..
instead of the clip-design of other dv's, it has some piston like mechanism
the 710N kept on melting in my car..

always good to get parts from higher models 8)
a, cost is a tiny 50euro also.. not bad

now if only i could fit in that 4.2 biturbo.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.