Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was wondering if sombody could help me. I have a 2002 B5.5 GLX that has front end damage. it will turn over and then shuts down. please help me disabe this auto-shutdown system. if anybody can help. Please serious replys only.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I'm not sure if you would be able to do it urself unless u have a VAG-COM or the dealer themself. I know putting the key in the door lock and moving it from unlock to lock a few times resets systems on Nissans and Infiniti's but i'm not sure that'd work on VW's.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
B5veedub said:
I'm not sure if you would be able to do it urself unless u have a VAG-COM or the dealer themself. I know putting the key in the door lock and moving it from unlock to lock a few times resets systems on Nissans and Infiniti's but i'm not sure that'd work on VW's.

hey thanks. any information is valuble :)

·
Registered
11,541 Posts
Your key fob has a transponder built in and apparently the car no longer recognizes the key as having the right transponder for the car. Try taking the title + VIN + key fob to the dealer and see if they will reprogram the transponder for you.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
S_Klass said:
Your key fob has a transponder built in and apparently the car no longer recognizes the key as having the right transponder for the car. Try taking the title + VIN + key fob to the dealer and see if they will reprogram the transponder for you.
I think thats the problem because when I start the car a greenish yellow amber flashes in the shape of a key and then the car shuts down I will go to the dealer and try this then let you guys know whats up. thanks again :bow:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts