Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My B5.5 is in the shop for again. My AC would work 50% of the time, but the other 50% of the time it blew warm air. The first two times I took it in to the dealer they said everything is working to factory spec. :crazy: On Tuesday it was close to 80 degrees here in FL. I left work and my AC was blowing hot air. I went right over to the dealer and showed my service advisor. Finally they beleived me that it was not working. I made an appointment for the next morning. At 5pm I called to see what was happening and they said they cant find anything wrong with it. They said they would keep it, and drive it around and give me a rental. I got my Rental, a base model Dodge NEON. :thumbdow: It sucks (sorry if anyone has one). Well to make a long story short, the next day I called and they told me that they figured out what was wrong. They told me that the AC witch broken and they wont have the part till monday. Has this happened to anyone?
Now I am stuck tooling around on a Neon all weekend. :mad:

·
Registered
541 Posts
It could be worse you know...

there's snow in the ground here in Michigan. :roll:

I lived in FL for 15 years so I know what it's like not having A/C. Hopefully they'll get it fixed this time.

·
Banned
1,496 Posts
Ugh! A base Neon for the rental! The least they could have done if insisting on putting you into a Neon is given you the SRT-4 model. I still wouldn't want it but beating on it for the weekend might be fun. My sympathies to you for your misfortune.

·
Registered
871 Posts
I had my AC blowing hot air all of a sudden one time. I was next to the dealer, so I went there. But knowing quite a bit about computers I restarted on a traffic light and AC started cooling just fine. For a few days when car started Climatronic was doing some funny stuff (blinking with "check" visible for about 5 seconds) and it went away. When I dropped by dealer for a different matter, I asked them to check AC and it was just fine. I never had problem afterwords.

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
Hey, at least the A/C works. :)

There's a reason that Passats aren't rental cars. *ducks for cover*

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
Deja vu, anyone? :poke: :weirdo:

·
Registered
168 Posts
hehe im curious to hear what dealer you are at in FL.

when i got my 2003 glx v6 30v in feb 2003 my A/C fan died. completely... replaced under warrenty.

st pete bert smith dealer.

they kept the car 3 days. but i must say 9mths later no problems with the a/c

good luck with your a/c issue...

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
I dont see why they have to drive your car around :crazy: They would not be driving mine around thats for sure without me present.
These dealers scare me :weirdo:

·
Registered
191 Posts
Neon rental

Nothing accelerates better, stops better, corners better, or goes off road better than a rental car. :D

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Yea.. there was a post on here a while back where a dealer plowed someones car into the back of a truck, it was totaled :roll: :cry:

·
Founder of the STFA
8,667 Posts
My car is in the shop for about 4-5 weeks after I slid into a bridge during a snowstorm Tuesday. They ran out of mid-size cars, so they upgraded me to a Maxima SE 3.5. It's a powerful car, but the interior looks cheap as hell. Lots of plastic to scratch up, big display on the dash that you can't read too well in daytime, etc.

Beats a base Neon though. :shock:

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Why be sorry when your're right. My wife once owned a Neon Sport and I fully agree, it did suck. No matter how hot your winter is I rather B5 without a/c than drive a cool Neon. Can you get your car back on Saturaday and return Monday or when ever the part arrives?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
14 Participants
turtle
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing