Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I'm Urlik's Hero
9,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, browsing around on another forum, someone posts a link for this car, asking whose it is.

ebay link

I see this car nearly every day, and nearly every day, I miss the owner and don't get a chance to look it over a bit closer. Then the next thing I know, it's on eBay, it's ending in under 30 mins and I find myself wanting it.

The wife even comments on it, saying, "Why don't you just buy it and sell yours after". Now I'm really wanting it, she's normally so focused, so rational, and she's telling me to just buy it and worry later?!

I've arrange to go and see the car, it's so close to my offices, I can almost hear it start every day.

What do you think, is it that nice, or am I just lusting the fact that's is so close and for sale?

Help!

Sam

·
Registered
606 Posts
All in my opinion,

Good points:

Full VAG SH
Leather/alcantara interior - one of the best BUT easily marked
Engine Note (V5 is 170bhp unless remapped)
Eibach springs/shocks are comfortable yet superb for road handling

Bad points:

White paintwork - hard to keep clean
Wheel design - not a fan, I could not live with those.
15mm spacers on front wheels - I would never put spacers on the driving wheels, easily rectified though.
Twin exit exhaust - just don't like the look, think it looks tacky
OEM boot spoiler - not to my taste
Very dark window tints - and front windows tinted (illegal), but can be rectified at cost.

I think it is that the vehicle is close to you and maybe you yearn a little extra power?

Certainly worth a look and asking what the reserve is, as it wasn't met. Could well be reasonably cheap, as they are wanting a quick sale - hence Ebay.

·
I'm Urlik's Hero
9,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Marc, I agree with all of the above, I'd even begun to make a list of pros and cons myself and had listed the dodgy wheels and twin exits.

me on another board said:
...Not sure if I'm "feeling" the exhausts, or the colour, but it's silly not to have a look.
I'm going to suggest they turn it back to stock by swapping the suspension setup with me, I may try and get the interior too, but I can't see that happening. The reason for selling was also a little sketchy, but understandable given the location of the car and the recent influx of people seeking employment.

BBJ - It's now illegal to tint any window forward of the B-pillar, although people still do.

Thanks for the feedback so far.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Chances are if you remove the 15mm spacers, the wheels will catch the struts/inner arches etc. Why else would you bother to space 225's?

·
I'm Urlik's Hero
9,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Right, one phone call to a mate in my local dealership later and I'm stepping away.

"I've seen a Y plate Passat for sale on...."
"eBay, white, dropped, tints, don't touch it"
"Any reason?"
"Don't touch it"
"Er, ok, thanks for that"
"I have a nice Leon if you want it....."

So, I'm going to see him at the weekend to find out what's so bad about it.
Thanks for the advice, it obviously wasn't meant to be.

·
Registered
94 Posts
ebay

hi sam i have been bidding for v5s on ebay very hard to find on this side of the water[ierland]rare car to find in good condition;white hard colourto keep clean iwould bye it myself but have to pay import taxes on uk cars just paidimport taxes today[1230euros] on uk passat find out from your friend why he advisted not to buy

paul:thumbup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts