Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

421 - 439 of 439 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
August 4 5:34 new here I have a 2001 1/2 Passat 2.8 needing help with AC not blowing Cold air, seen many videos about changing the relay 384 - my problem is I dont have or can't find the 384 relay

·
Registered
5 Posts
i've got under dash panel off and I can see all the relay fuses NO 384 ? which is the AC relay I'd appreciate any help

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys completely new to VW, well European cars at that. Ive always owned american made vehicles, and trucks.... at that... lol. But i cant wait to fix the car up and show you guys the journey!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello all. 20+ yr auto tech here, never messed with any EU/UK vehicles besides basic maintenance stuff which has only come to pass with the new shop I work for in the city we moved to last summer.

Long story short, got a B6 with a smoked transmission for next to nothing, got a low mileage transmission for cheap, a side mirror and a Saturday 2.5 weeks ago and now I'm considering keeping this damn thing. I like it.... and we are a Honda family (reliability, 240k on my CRV no major work yet).

Look forward to learning the finer points of my B6 2.0T. Definitely an entirely different experience (replacing broken door window is what brought me here)

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Moderator/Administrator
23,978 Posts
Hello all. 20+ yr auto tech here, never messed with any EU/UK vehicles besides basic maintenance stuff which has only come to pass with the new shop I work for in the city we moved to last summer.

Long story short, got a B6 with a smoked transmission for next to nothing, got a low mileage transmission for cheap, a side mirror and a Saturday 2.5 weeks ago and now I'm considering keeping this damn thing. I like it.... and we are a Honda family (reliability, 240k on my CRV no major work yet).

Look forward to learning the finer points of my B6 2.0T. Definitely an entirely different experience (replacing broken door window is what brought me here)

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Welcome. While not unreliable, they can be finicky. The engineers had other ideas on what parts to focus on for reliability over function and looks/feel.

421 - 439 of 439 Posts