Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sweet Lord in Heaven! I think I've just seen the light...

I was at the local VW dealership today, picking up a Beetle sunglasses holder... and there it sat, in it's pristine glory.

The R32 Steering Wheel.

This thing is a piece of magnificence!
To hold it, is to love it.
To wrap your hands around this oversized leather wheel is comparable to holding a fine woman (maybe better).

I want one... I must possess one...

Jimmy :)

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh man... I'm lusting for this wheel...

My only concern is that I have controls on my current wheel (Stereo and cruise).

I don't care about losing the stereo controls, but I need to find a way to put the cruise control buttons back.

I guess I'd also have to buy a turn signal lever with the cruise buttons in it.

Anyone done this yet?

Jimmy :)

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
It's $375 at www.parts4vws.com. The airbag you can snag from the classifieds if you're lucky. They pop up from time to time here and especially in mkIV vwvortex classifieds.

I bought the airbag for $150 from the classifieds and the wheel for $350 (it was cheeper back then)...so thank goodness for the classifieds! :weirdo:

·
Registered
189 Posts
That's an excellent point, what kinds of airbags do yo have to look for? I know its a 3-spoke airbag, but is it from the jetta? The golf? I was just curious...

Crap, and I just ordered the net optic from Liberty (and they really are great)...

I didn't bother with the back doors though, just the center surround, HVAC, and driver and passenger side pieces..

I've got the ipod (still have to do the writeup - been too busy with wedding stuff), all I need after this is wheels, the chip, a boost gauge, an intercooler, a zender front, painted lowers.... sheesh.. the list just goes on!!

I think that's the fun of it though, its nice to work up and then see that next little mod... :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I know that some of you think that the OEM steering wheel is a bit costly for the wheel and for a new airbag. But if you search for an airbag on ebay your luck be good I simply have the three spoke wheel and this is a great uprade from the 4 spoke if your car did not have a leather wrapped steering wheel. I got both the wheel and bag for around $300.00 dollars. That is a little more reasonable than getting a brand new three spoke or and R32 wheel and bag. If any of you have ever bought bought a MOMO steering wheel and the hub adapter then you know that it is easy to spend nearly 400.00 dollars on the set up. Keep your eyes open there are other place to get 3 spoke air bags for less money. You can try recycling yard I received a quoted of 275 for the 3 spoke air bay 6 months ago yes it is still kind of pricey but it is a great alternative to paying full dealer cost.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.