·
Registered
383 Posts
Red X, forbidden.

·
Registered
7,583 Posts
Scuba2001 said:
Didnt Stargazer have like 4 or 5 horns that played "Dixie" ?
Yes, he did before he got rid of his B5. I thought that was interesting, given he's in British Columbia.

·
Registered
915 Posts
HKPassat said:
It should be a required mod by all CB5 members... haha... people think a truck is honking at them or something...
i ended up using a toggle in the dash to switch
i also sprayed em black
mines were the 3 trumpeths

the sound is jus music to my ears
the price was very affordable
but, the look on the person's face gettin honked :lol:

Priceless :D

·
Registered
615 Posts
S_Klass said:
Is it just me or is the horn on the Passat rather anemic?
I always thought the Passat horn was rather potent. Certainly nothing like an aftermarket air horn, but powerful enough to get the job done and not sound sissy in the process.

·
Registered
869 Posts
does this make you sound like a tractor trailer? i've always wanted that. the best would be if you had to pull a rope to blow the horn. :)

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I installed my dual air horns, then my buddy who has his B6 A4 in the body shop decided to do it too, and he got the triples. Gotta show you the photo of this one - it is literally the tighest fit possible compared to our B5 passats. Will go take a photo at the shop tomorrow.

If i were to do it again I'd have Triples plus Duals! We have PLENTY of space in that gap man. BTW mine's operated with a push switch on the dead pedal just like JonBoy. But the deal is sometimes when I step on the dead pedal to assist myself to turn around to back-up, I've accidently honked those air horns in the parking lot and it's kinda, LOUD. Kudos to JonBoy for his valuable input in giving me hints on expediating the installation.

And talking about priceless - labor for my installation was priceless too. Did it myself at my buddy's shop.

·
Registered
577 Posts
LOL, whats really fun is those loud speakers you can buy at meijers. There about 40$ and have barnyard animal noises. My friends and i put one in a truck, and its always some good fun :lol:

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
do these horns sound anything like the stock horns? or are they more of a "honey i shrunk the kids" when they pull up in that huge motorhome type of sound (sorry, i just saw that movie again recently!). OR, is it really a tractor trailer type sound? I ask because I'm getting testy with poor winter drivers and how then like to pretend that they can drive wherever they want or pull out way far into the street or... :mad: guess i'm still a little irrate!

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
chrisyoon said:
do these horns sound anything like the stock horns? or are they more of a "honey i shrunk the kids" when they pull up in that huge motorhome type of sound (sorry, i just saw that movie again recently!). OR, is it really a tractor trailer type sound? I ask because I'm getting testy with poor winter drivers and how then like to pretend that they can drive wherever they want or pull out way far into the street or... :mad: guess i'm still a little irrate!
Sounds like a trailer horn.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
About this Discussion
20 Replies
16 Participants
HKPassat
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing