Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...Let the craziness begin!!!! :shock:

I would just like to post a quick note of thanks to everyone who has helped me thus far in my engagement/wedding plans. There are so many CB5 members whose previous postings have been EXTREMELY helpful. Most of you probably don’t even know you have helped me, but if you have ever posted or responded to a topic involving marriage, I have probably read it!!! God bless the archives!!!

I would like to send a special thanks to MisterTam - you have been an invaluable resource in helping me get through the initial and often terrifying "engagement ring buying process”. I saved an incredible amount of time (and MONEY) due to your words of wisdom and advice.

Who would have thought that a "car website" could offer so much?!?

We have booked a reception location and date, so I'd like to think that a large part of it has been taken care of. (Yeah, right!) I will certainly continue to use CB5 as a resource for the many other pieces that are being brought to my attention (DJ, limo, flowers, photographer......).

Thanks again to everyone @ CB5 (and especially the “search” feature!)

Sincerely,

Taz1126 (Dave)

·
Registered
432 Posts
now for some practical, "real world" advice. i'll give you the same advice that i have given to all my friends who have gotten married:

spread as much seed as you can before you get married! you'll be surprised how good all that strange looks to you after you have been married a few years! :shock:

·
0 Posts
curtis13 said:
now for some practical, "real world" advice. i'll give you the same advice that i have given to all my friends who have gotten married:

spread as much seed as you can before you get married! you'll be surprised how good all that strange looks to you after you have been married a few years! :shock:
what are you trying to do confuse the guy?

Heres my advice: if your friends like when you do it, your wife won't :lol:

·
Registered
432 Posts
20vvillian said:
curtis13 said:

what are you trying to do confuse the guy?

Heres my advice: if your friends like when you do it, your wife won't :lol:
20 - that is hilarious. i need to remember that one! :)

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all!

I JUST asked my buddy to be my best man. (one more thing to check off the to-do list).

"spread as much seed as you can..." lol
That's what the last 29 years have been for!!!

Honeymoon pics....hmmmmm.....reminds me of an episode of "The Man Show" - Jimmy was in bed w/ his wife and had the video camera setup on a shelf.... wife notices the camera and he assures her it is powered off... she says "then what's that red light"... he says ..."It's the OFF light"... :wink: :wink:

:beer:

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Congrats!!! It really is a lot of fun.

Let us know when you have the argument over which way the toilet paper goes on the roll. That is the first sign that marriage has set in.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Congrats
Just remember these 2 Days......The day before your wedding and the day before your wife gives birth................NEXT DAY you have a diferent life.....

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Honeymoon pics....hmmmmm.....reminds me of an episode of "The Man Show" - Jimmy was in bed w/ his wife and had the video camera setup on a shelf.... wife notices the camera and he assures her it is powered off... she says "then what's that red light"... he says ..."It's the OFF light"...

^^^ haha dont try it, you'll get busted (a buddy of mine tried that, and his GF beat his ass) :lol:

***CONGRATS BTW***
-Mark-

·
Registered
5,564 Posts
theosan said:
Dead man walking..... :poke: Please accept my condolences... I mean congratulations. :thumbup:
Heh, reminds me of a little joke (believe me, there are ton's of marriage jokes):

Guy #1: "My wife is an angel!"
Guy #2: "You're lucky, mine is still alive!"

I do love my wife though! Marriage will be filled with more things than you can handle: budget, laundry, cooking, diets, MONEY (big divorce item), picking colors, picking furniture, picking both in the right spot of the house (fung-shwei), babies, baby sitting, day care, day care COSTS, career choices, COMPROMISES, Arguments (necessary and healthy I might add), hobby choices, did I forget to mention BUDGETS?, in-laws (you will soon know the word "dysfunctional" in short order), the list keeps going on.

As a single person before, NONE of this mattered except food, laundry and making money for myself. Unless you're one of the very lucky few or your Hugh Hefner ;) marriage is a contract of compromises. You may not think so at first or maybe deny it, but it really is. In the process, you'll learn to live with it or simply divorce.

Oh, mid-life is a totally separate and unrelated topic. Has nothing to do with marriage other than you're an easier target than co-workers. :D

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I am sorry that you won't be able to get any more mods. I tried my HARDEST to get wheels for my passat before I got engaged... never happened. Instead now we are spending/spent thousands on a ring and wedding plans...sheeh. Of course she "says" I can get my wheels if I want...uh huh...not. I said forget it, now I want a passat wagon and wheels :) After all, I need more room later.

It sure was nice when all I had to do was worry about my own bills and myself. Now I am getting more gray hair and have to worry about OUR bills.. oh and her 20 yr old brother moved in with us when he moved down here to go to college. It was supposed to be temporary but its looking like its a little longer. Don't let others move in with you when you start off your lives together. It sucks.

I recently got engaged a few months ago and getting married this sept.

Congrats :)

Kevin

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
vwjedi said:
I recently got engaged a few months ago and getting married this sept.

Congrats :)

Kevin
Congrats to you too!!!
We are planning for Sept of 2005. Hopefully that is enough time to save money and enough time to carefully plan everything. We have been living together for a year now and dating for ~ 4 (I think) :???:

Good luck with the "new guest". I know others that have gone through a similar situation - its not easy.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
17 Participants
Taz1126
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing