Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why is it that every time I see another B5 on the highway and come pulling up it is almost always being driven by a woman in her late 50's, early 60's (no offense to 50-60 year old women of course... love ya Mom!) Needless to say, I don't feel the need to roll down the window and ask about what mods she has done ;)

Drive it like you stole it,
-Chris

·
Registered
333 Posts
Well, I guess Minnesota guys are into SUVs and pickup trucks... If you come down to our Tri-state area, you will see a lot of hot and fast B5s.

·
Lefties have rights, too!
15,698 Posts
TheJezter said:
Why is it that every time I see another B5 on the highway and come pulling up it is almost always being driven by a woman in her late 50's, early 60's (no offense to 50-60 year old women of course... love ya Mom!) Needless to say, I don't feel the need to roll down the window and ask about what mods she has done ;)

Drive it like you stole it,
-Chris
Ditto for upstate NY. The only modded Passat I ever saw here just had window tints.

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
I always notice that too, doesn't depress so much as it disappoints because I always throw up a
and get an "uh" blank look stare back. Ah well. It is a conservative looking car though ya know? :)

·
Registered
6,596 Posts
i think most of us have yet to accept the fact that the b5 was marketed as a family car. vw could've made it sporty and made the mod job for us easier but then it wouldn've have been as profitable.

so you bought a grocery getter, big deal. at least it's a mature ride that can hold it's own though! plus, it's always better to be driving the sleeper/grocery getter and burn someone off the line!

·
Registered
706 Posts
There's a royal green 1.8T B5 (same color as mine, though I have a V6) that's definitely modded, FMIC, S4 fender liners, lowered, etc., that is always parked near my girlfriend in SF. I thought it might be cool to chat it up some weekend, so I left a note on his windshield with my email and ClubB5 username. No response.

So not even the modded B5's are necessarily cool.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
I've got only one thing to say. I love my car, I love the way it feels/drives/SMELLS (leather still smells like leather even though the car is now nearing 6 years of age). So I might have put a little money into it to make it the way I wanted it to be. Bottom line? it's my car, I love it, so I dont' give a f*ck what anyone else thinks. cocky and arrogant? nah. too confidnet? hardly, i drive a V-dub ;) do I love my car? absolutely. 'nuf said!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts