Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
APR has their software on sale again, and by 2:00 tomorrow I should have a fully loaded ECU for the price of 1 program at the standard rates.

This will be my fourth mod so far, seat handle inserts and window tint were first and second. Third was black light LEDs for interior lighting.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yeah, I'll still be trying to avoid the speeding tickets, now that my license is clean again.
Can't wait to see what the difference is like in the GTI. It was worlds apart in my 2002 Passat, and judging from the numbers, it should be a similar difference with the 2.0t as well. I will report back of course.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm sure it will be, I was just waiting for the next sale. Didn't have the cash last time it was going on. The shop I'm going to usually isn't open on the weekend, but they have another customer that can't make it during the week either. It's out of town, but that just means I get a 68 mile drive home to play with my new found power...lol

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update, as promised. Definitely a noticeable difference in power throughout the rev range. Some quick rough numbers, I say rough because my girlfriend was using a stop watch on her phone while I was talking to her over the bluetooth.

0-60 TCS off 6.5 seconds I was actually impressed with that number considering that it spun all the way through 1st, and most of the way through 2nd, with the TCS still flashing away since you can't completely disable it :(

50-70 3.7 seconds

On ramps are much more fun than they already were, as are toll booths on the turnpike. Power delivery as very very smooth, it feels like a train, and shows no signs of slowing at 80 mph. Worth every penny, just like it was for the old Passat 1.8t. Only this time for the same amount of money I have 4 programs and a fully loaded ECU!! If anyone is debating on whether or not they should get the APR software...In the words of Arnold Schwarzenegger DO IT!!! DO IT NOW!!! Seriously, if you have the money, go do it. You will not regret it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts