Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, let's run down the list:

1) VW makes an attempt not to cover my rotors until I quote Maryland Lemon Law, and they still want to split the costs. "Thank you Zeckhausen Racing and Stoptech for Axxis Brakepads!!!"

2) The technician complains to my Service Advisor that he has to spend multiple hours troubleshooting a warranty repair. The technician then finds out the Service Manager is my ace, and then completes the task. Well heck, isn't that your [email protected]#$% job?? Doesn't VW pay technicians for warranty work??

3) Car gets hit by snowplow while on dealer property, dealership covers repair and replacement tags and Speed-Pass.

and to top it all off.......

4) The [email protected]%$#@ technician who complained about the warranty repair to my HID's didn't return my VW and McGuard wheel locks. Now I have to return to the dealership to figure out if my locks are still there, or if Volkswagen will have to pay to remove the locks and replace the lug-bolts.

January and February have been Swami's VW Nightmare Month. Lord please help me.. I'm 2 steps away from putting on a U.S. Postal Service Employee uniform and WIGGING OUT in the dealership. Maybe I should just trade this thing in for a 330XI or Infiniti G35AWD and throw on a ProCharger. This is really starting to get on my last nerves and VW is testing me..

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Very sorry to hear that your nightmare has not stopped.

i agree with julianfang, eventhought the service guy is you "ace" it sounds like they treat you like [email protected] If they [email protected] up my car that bad with the snow plow, the thing better be perfect when i get it back. But it is the dealership not the car, and Stoptech big brake kits will solve all your problems :wink:

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
NO ONE WANTS TO DO THERE JOB! Thats the way the world is now! :mad: I'm learrning that with my surgery bills thus month! :cry: KEEP YOUR HEAD-UP BUDDY! :beer:

·
Banned
9,668 Posts
If only VW knew how angry Will was. Sorry to hear about all of the screwups that the dealer is putting you through. Little stuff like wheel locks, etc, is something that really pissed me off. Wring them through the nose, and get them for all its worth. That car should be in PRISTINE condition after all the stuff that has taken place the past few weeks, and months.

·
6th Grade
14,918 Posts
The Swami said:
2) The technician complains to my Service Advisor that he has to spend multiple hours troubleshooting a warranty repair. The technician then finds out the Service Manager is my ace, and then completes the task. Well heck, isn't that your [email protected]#$% job?? Doesn't VW pay technicians for warranty work??
No, they don't. Not over an hours worth, 99.999999% of the time.

The tech is losing money every second he tries to help you past an hour.

Happy?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Not to defend the tech at all, but... the way all jobs, including warranty, jobs go is that they are given a specific pay for specific job. For instance usually front pads pay the tech 1hr work. if it takes them more then an hour to do the work then they are losing money, if shorter then making a little. When it comes to warranty those times are handed down to the my some engineer who as never worked on a car in a real world situation(if at all). So if a tech has to spend a lot of time dueing troubleshooting and that time is not paid for by VW he probably isnt getting paid for the time, i.e. he is working for free. And no, unless the tech puts up a really big stink or happens to work for an honest dealership they ain't paying him either. Again im not defending the tech in this instance is seems as though he might not be the best one anyhow, but sometimes if we know where someone else is coming from we can better understand their position.

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
Just move on man...stop aggravating yourself...brand aside I know I am done with VW after this GTi incident is over for me. Why? Simple because I am tired of being aggravated and if you are too you should move onto something else also not to mention the 2 replacement vehicle possibles you mention definitely don't have the type of service issues a VW dealer will

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Guys, thanks for the kind words! The dealership is going to attempt to find my lug-lock keys, and are willing to drill them off and replace the lubs and provide new McGuards for free. There's a song by DiamondD which describes these last two months.. "When It Rains, It Pours Man"..

I'll keep on dubbin, but I'm keeping my eyes open for a 2004 or even 05 S4.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Does Audi really have better service? I Know they are the same auto group...

·
6th Grade
14,918 Posts
gig103 said:
Does Audi really have better service? I Know they are the same auto group...
Supposed to, but their warranty times aren't any better than VW's, so they will never attract many of the best techs. My unwillingness to change lines in general is one of the few reasons I don't go to BMW.

My buddy in Tulsa told me yesterday he'd just done the worst-paying Audi warranty job to date-a CVT tranny in a 3.0 A4. Took 3 days but paid him 6 hours to do it, and he was a bloody pulp when he was finished. 18 hours-TWO FULL DAYS plus a couple hours of pay, just GONE.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts