Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the neuspeed 1 bar and I love it!!! I know what a lot of people mean though when they say it's not as aggressive as other chips. If you didn't know it was chipped, you probably couldn't tell when you drove it because normal driving doesn't seem to have changed at all. BUT, if you really give it the gas, it pulls like a mofo. Most everybody on here is right, the high end power is what improved the most. My car gets mad now unless it's going at least 80. For testing purposes only, I got it up to 110 in 4th gear, but ran out of road so I had to stop. At that speed, my doors started sucking in air.

I'm very happy with it, especially since it's my wifes daily driver. She can drive it normally and I can have a little fun here and there.

Jonathan

·
Registered
105 Posts
Nice...feels good to be boosted and sucked back in your seat doesn't it!!?!?

...but you should really trade daily driving cars with your wife...unless you're driving the RS6... :lol:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Nice, I've been thinking about chipping my Wife's B5 98 1.8T 5speed. I just installed a boost gauge two weeks ago. I've already changed timing belts, water pump, alternator, some belts, and more. I'm just worried that the Chip might wear out the turbo too fast? It has 66k on clock, so should I worry or just go head and chip it? I wouldnt mind the extra hp, since I drive it more than her due to me taking her to work in it. We work 10min away from each other. This way I dont put miles on my 04 SRT4 :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
how was turnaround time from Neuspeed? I'm thinking of sending them my 99 ecu to get chipped and wondered about shipping, etc related downtime...

also wondering about greedspeed - they're a few bucks cheaper for the same thing aren't they?

Ben

·
Banned
1,496 Posts
AnthonyG said:
Nice, I've been thinking about chipping my Wife's B5 98 1.8T 5speed. I just installed a boost gauge two weeks ago. I've already changed timing belts, water pump, alternator, some belts, and more. I'm just worried that the Chip might wear out the turbo too fast? It has 66k on clock, so should I worry or just go head and chip it? I wouldnt mind the extra hp, since I drive it more than her due to me taking her to work in it. We work 10min away from each other. This way I dont put miles on my 04 SRT4 :)
Go ahead and chip it. I chipped mine with 81,000 miles on it. I don't think you're going to wear out the turbo any faster and the increase is power is well worth it. The chips are designed to work with the turbo in the car and will only allow it to build up so much boost. DO IT!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
also wondering about greedspeed - they're a few bucks cheaper for the same thing aren't they?
That is where I got mine. Turnaround is perfect. I overnighted my ecu to them on a thursday, they got it on Friday, sent it back out, but I didn't get it back until monday at lunch. If I had sent it in the middle of the week, I'm sure I could have gotten it back sooner. The weekend kind of messed it up a little.

Jonathan

·
Registered
198 Posts
I sent my ECU to GreedSpeed on Monday afternoon.. got it back on Wednesday Morning... In time for Lunch. It was a fun lunch. Its been about 2 weeks now. I love my car!!!! :oops:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
6 Participants
[email protected]
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing