Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

I'm debating whether to get the boosted intake.....

1K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  Spanky McGee 
#1 ·
sup guys,

I just put miltek exhaust about a month ago and I am

thinking about getting the boosted tech for some additional

power(if there is any). I needs some feed back from

everyone who has any kinda intake on. I've already tried

the COAM with K&N filter and looking for something different.

I know you guys are gonna tell me stick with the stock box but

I guess I'm looking for some sound as well. :D Thanx in advance.

ps I have 03 1.8T with WETT chip BTW

#3 ·
jamesbondage...

do you have a intake on your car?

i'm asking ppl who has intake on there car and want

some feed back. i already know all the debate about

cone intake and factory box because of the heat from

the turbo. so i'll appreciate it if you kept that "clown" shit

to yourself :poke:

#4 ·
As a matter of fact.....

Suck it good, and suck it hard, Trebek. :wink:

Dude, you don't even have to use the scarely and complicated "search" function, just look at the first three pages under B5 general discussion -- there's three threads about intakes (not counting your clown-ass one).

#5 ·
So, you're lookin' to do some mods with your air intake system. Well well well, I'm in the same boat. The great debate between drop in filters and stock air boxes goes on and on and always will, and rightfully so.

I just did some engine mods (chip, valves, and some other small stuff), and now it's time to mess with the big black box that perpetually stares back at me for some more air.

Well, I'm gonna stick with the stock box for several reasons: foremost, I want it for protections against water, dirt, and debris; secondly, I haven't had any problems with my car yet (108K) and want to keep it that way.

My theory is to go custom on air boxes, and that's exactly what I'm going to do, since it not only can give you added air----ahhhhhhhh...just breath...........ahhhhh---it gives you a sense of unique creation and satisfaction, the latter if it works :wink:

Route some hoses to an area with max air flow/high pressure flow, or manipulate the flow in a specific direction. I think, which is probably best anyway, putting in some microscreens in/around the tubes would protect it perfectly from debris.

Sorry if I'm rambling on about stuff you probably already know, but I'm just preppin myself for my own mod. I can't wait. Sorry if I stole the thread, but I'm just offering some imput, whether it's useful or useless.

#6 ·
james....

you posted pic but ain't saying shit that i asked for.

i'm guessing you think i'm a newbie cuz i asked this

question. like i posted in the beginning, i've already

tried the COAM and asking ppl who has INTAKE SYSTEM.

but i appreciate you trying to help anyways.

ps your intake looks good BTW :thumbup:

sac 201....

thanx for your reply. you can steal the thread if you like :lol:

i hope everything goes well with you mod. i tried with two small hose

and one big 3inch hose but i guess i just want something more from

the turbocharged car. good luck

#7 ·
I'm going to get the boosted tech intake soon, and I'm going to modify it slightly with an extra hose, routed through the stock SMIC front pipe.

I'll have it on the dyno shortly thereafter, to put all this CIA and N20 FMIC mister shit to rest once and for all.

I'm going to see if nitrous DOES get sucked in the open air element, how much, and at what cost?

stand by.

#8 ·
Man, when did CB5 become the Vortex Mk IV forums? :suspicio: :nervous: :poke:

#11 ·
I have the Boosted Tech CAI installed with a NX intercooler. I can't tell if the nitrous is getting sucked through the intake but it does kick when I turn it on. As for the intake itself... I don't know. I had a HKS first then this one, I didn't notice a difference but that doesn't mean there isn't one.

BEWARE- You do have to modify the heat shield in order for it to fit :)

#15 ·
JamesBondage said:
oops, my bad :oops:

Sorry for my actions, I posted this in the morning while configuring a Novell 6.5 server, Im not in the best of moods in the morning (mornings suck), I don't know why I blew up, I rarely ever blow up (online or in real life). Please accept my apology.
Woah, whats going on. This is exactly what Pancreas' apology to you sounded like in this thread http://www.clubb5.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=97415

Twilight zone...

#16 ·
nuisance,

are you chipped? if so then could you feel the difference from

stock to hks intake? sorry about all these questions but i wanna

know everything i can before i spend $300 on a filter on a stick :crazy:

jamesbondage,

sorry we got off on the wrong foot. :oops:

i'm sure you only meant to help :thumbup:

#17 ·
Dont waste your time or money on an Intake for the Passat. Toooooooo much heat there. If this was a Jetta where the filter would be down in the front bumper where tons of air is rushing in then ok.
But if you want to get one and waste your money and time then buy one if you think it looks cool.
Performance wise FORGET IT! Total Heat soak :cry:

#18 ·
Warped said:
Dont waste your time or money on an Intake for the Passat. Toooooooo much heat there. If this was a Jetta where the filter would be down in the front bumper where tons of air is rushing in then ok.
But if you want to get one and waste your money and time then buy one if you think it looks cool.
Performance wise FORGET IT! Total Heat soak :cry:
The Boosted Tech Intake's filter is as far as the turbo as possible.

It is sandwiched down in the front bumper! With the creative addition of a aluminum heat shield, gains WILL be had! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.