Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, daytona is over (and i have racing fever bad) and it's still 4+ hours to the super bowl.

this has absolutely nothing to do with racing or football: so what kind of mower do you use to cut your grass? how much (in acres) do you mow?

told you i was bored!

·
Registered
9,154 Posts
Used to mow my lawn with my reliable Lawn Boy, now with little or no time for this chord, I've reverted to Jose and his super friendly & super efficient crew :thumbup:

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
vuvision said:
Used to mow my lawn with my reliable Lawn Boy, now with little or no time for this chord, I've reverted to Jose and his super friendly & super efficient crew :thumbup:
that's not a bad way to do it. i, on the other hand, actually enjoy lawn care. just sorry that i have so much of it to do and not nearly enough time to what i want!

·
Registered
897 Posts
i have the nascar husky com. zero turn rideing mower with the 48 inch deck. but i own my own landscaping business.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
991.8t said:
i have the nascar husky com. zero turn rideing mower with the 48 inch deck. but i own my own landscaping business.
i have a scag tiger cub 48" commercial zero turn, but i don't own my own landscaping business. but i do cut 4+ acres!

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I've had my Craftsman front wheel drive rear bagger since 1994. My lot is only about 1/4 acre and it's been great. I lube it and change the oil about every other year. It's a Briggs & Stratton motor and it's been reliable thus far. I too don't mind the yard work, find it kinda therapeutic.
My father-in-law has a nice Honda. He bought an Acura sticker for it to match his MDX. :lol:

·
Registered
791 Posts
Craftsman with a briggs and stratton 5.5 HP motor..
Came with the house, its about 10 years old.. one of the first self-propelled walk behinds! still works, too.. granted I had to rebuild it once, one of the bolts holding the block together kinda snapped off, wouldn't run with that huge compression leak, hehe..

Found out the neighbor has a snapper that the previous owner used to have, he uses it to trim the smaller spots, of his immense yard its closer to 35-40 years old

my yard is only about half an acre, 2/3 of that wooded

as for the mountain house I have (that I really want to move into, but really like my job closer to here :( ) it has NO grass :lol: but I do have a ~20 year old homelite leaf blower that still works :lol:

·
Registered
4,730 Posts

John Deere JS61 - 6.75 HP Briggs & Stratton powered, rear wheel drive, single speed self propelled, rear bag, mulching. In five years it's been a pretty good mower.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Used to use Lawnboy and Deere, you can keep that shit.
I had the worst luck with my Deere, must have been a lemon. :sad:

I now have a Toro Personal Pace, I love that thing!

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
i have a really rock gut craftsmen and its like ten years old ,,, it smokes bad
hahahahaha pos

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
jomo3vw said:
Used to use Lawnboy and Deere, you can keep that shit.
I had the worst luck with my Deere, must have been a lemon. :sad:

I now have a Toro Personal Pace, I love that thing!

Lawnboy is made by Toro.

The best mower out there is Honda.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Good old push mower. I have a small lawn and it seemed a waste to get a gas one. So I have a 17" Craftsman push mower. Nice and quiet while I mow.

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
If you're really interested in a Honda powered lawn mower be sure to check out Sears for Honda powered Craftsman series mowers - you'll save at least $100 over the Honda brand, if it's on sale or there's a Craftsman club memeber deal going on, you'll save even more.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts