Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, most probably do not even know me, but anyways, had a B5, then a B5.5, then moved on and picked up a couple Audi A4 (Sedan and Avant). Well tonight i got a smokin deal on a 3.6, sport, fully loaded, nav, bi xenon, and dynaudio......so far, I am loving it! Plans include drop, full tint, 19 or 20" wheels.....well, that will be the first month.....then we will see what is next!

·
Salty Moderation Stylez
12,663 Posts
Whats ups Tony? I thought you may have been caught in a gang shooting or something ;)

You don't have to have a passat to post here :p

I haven't had one since 02 (that was 10 cars ago ;) )

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sup D!!! How you been man?

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
hey! it sounds like we have the same car except mines a wagon with a 2.0T :p

my boyfriend (Schmove) says you're oldschool! hehe cb5 days YAH!!!

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey! it sounds like we have the same car except mines a wagon with a 2.0T :p

my boyfriend (Schmove) says you're oldschool! hehe cb5 days YAH!!!

Hey Baisee, yeah, I take it way back to the old B5 days, i remember schmove, tell him I said whats up!! I hear he still has his B5, and has a touareg nowadays...
tony

·
Registered
575 Posts
hey Brown Man...I'm more old skool than you! I was rolling the Blue anthrocite B5 back in 1999 while you were running that GLX on Axis's!!! :)

Let the modding begin!!!...Congrats!!

OH...this tread is worthless without PICS, Puto!!!! :)

"Blackie"

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh yes, the moddin will begin!
First off:
Euro Rear Fog
Euro Light Switch
Clear Corners
Stell insert for steering wheel...that will be this weeks mods!

·
Registered
575 Posts

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
Well, most probably do not even know me, but anyways, had a B5, then a B5.5, then moved on and picked up a couple Audi A4 (Sedan and Avant). Well tonight i got a smokin deal on a 3.6, sport, fully loaded, nav, bi xenon, and dynaudio......so far, I am loving it! Plans include drop, full tint, 19 or 20" wheels.....well, that will be the first month.....then we will see what is next!
Oh man I remember your white Passat. Its so sexy..

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh man I remember your white Passat. Its so sexy..
Thanks man, will be getting pics up soon......did tint and euro switch today!

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Interested in seeing what that brushed chrome insert will look like. Congrats on the purchase. Is it a 4 Motion too? What color?
Not 4 Mo, and it is United Gray

·
Registered
30 Posts
Not 4 Mo, and it is United Gray
Sweet! Almost a twin...I have 4 Motion. I'm guessing it's a sedan too right? Do you have rear side airbags? That's the only option I didn’t get. Oh, and the 18X8 Samarkands was not available at the time too. I sold them anyway and got 19's. Any wider they would rub (9"). If the tire was any wider they would rub (235/35). Any lower they would rub (H&R Springs). Any other offset size they would rub (ET40). So keep that in mind when shopping around and you start to consider 20's.

P.S. Any pictures of your old Passat(s)?

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Congrats TCM! Another old school Club B5er here too. I just saw my 07 3.6 4mo wagon yesterday - thrilled it's finally here! Like you, I'm hitting a few basic mods right off the bat - the car is going through PDI today, while also having the calipers painted red, the tint installed, and the chrome mirror caps installed - that way I can pick it up with the mods already started!

I never left the Passat family - went from my 00 GLX sedan to my 03 W8 variant, which I'll be trading in for the 07. But I got lost for a while during the transition of this site from ClubB5 to Passatworld and like you, nobody here knows me anymore!

Looking forward to pics...I'll be working on pics myself next week. Enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Congrats TCM! Another old school Club B5er here too. I just saw my 07 3.6 4mo wagon yesterday - thrilled it's finally here! Like you, I'm hitting a few basic mods right off the bat - the car is going through PDI today, while also having the calipers painted red, the tint installed, and the chrome mirror caps installed - that way I can pick it up with the mods already started!

I never left the Passat family - went from my 00 GLX sedan to my 03 W8 variant, which I'll be trading in for the 07. But I got lost for a while during the transition of this site from ClubB5 to Passatworld and like you, nobody here knows me anymore!

Looking forward to pics...I'll be working on pics myself next week. Enjoy the ride!

Sweet pick, the wagons rock!! Well, i guess it is time to make ourselves known again. I am holding back on the pics, trying to get my wheels and springs in before I post some up......

·
Registered
575 Posts
Zackie,
the dealer is painting your calipers? Thats odd! anywho...Veteran CB5er's UNITE!!! Congrats!

The mods will come for me as soon as my house is finish being built! I'm tired of parking in a damn carport!

darin

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Darin,

Yeah, we have a strange (in a great way) dealer down here...Gunther of Coconut Creek. They are the largest volume VW dealer in the US...and also very friendly to modding. They have a division called 'Gunther Motorsport' that works out of the dealership doing lowering springs, aftermarket bodykits, calipers, custom exhaust, audio/visual, and even chipping. Since you can incorporate any of these mods into the financing of the car...it can be very convenient. I figured I'd knock out a few of these things up front to save me having to mod them later!

I'm with you on the garage - fortunately my car gets to sit inside a garage at night...unfortunately it has to spend all day at work sitting out in a parking lot next to old ladies with Buicks, raised pickup trucks, housewives in SUVs who never get off the phone, and work vans, getting rained on and birdshat on. My only recourse is that I at least have a surveillance cam pointed out there with a 7-day DVR, so I can keep an eye on it.

TCM - I know what you mean on the wheels and springs - don't want to post up any halfway pics! Looking forward to seeing the ride when you do get everything installed.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts