Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering what fuse I should tap into when adding my guages. For my air/fuel, and my other guages, I am tapped into fuse number 5 which is the instrument cluster. I noticed this morning that my accent lights ( the ones it the doors ) were low, and brightend once I started the car. I am just trying to get a general idea as to which fuse B5'ers are using as a source for items that need to be turned on with the ignition.

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
I tapped the dimmer rheotstat so that the voltage (and hopefully brightness) would fluctuate with the rest of the interior lights. Fuses are overrated. :lol: If you really want, get an inline fuse.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I think he is talking power for the guage, not just the backlights. You are right about tapping the rheostat/dimmer switch for the backlights. But if you remove the lower panel under the steering column and look up underneath, there is a series of posts where you can tap into. Tap into the "75X" post which is switched on/off with the ignition and use an inline fuse. Piece of cake and you don't have to remove the stupid fuse panel.

HTH,
-Chris

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanx "TheJezter" that's what I'm talking about , thanx also stealthx32 i tapped into the wire for the back lights already.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey jezter, are you talking about the wires that are running to the binding post under the steering column? If so none of them are labeled. I was unable to find the one labeled "75X" help is needed once again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.