Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did any of you received one?

Today i received that from VWOA. It is for a settlement fund compensation. It reads:

If you experienced ignition coil failure and visited a VW or Audi dealer for repairs, you have the right to share in the settlement fund. To participate, please indicate below whether you want to receive cash or a dealer credit and mail this form no later than May 21, 2004......

check one # Cash Payment (see notice for detalis)
# Dealer Credit (115% of cash value)

Now this is part of a lawsuit put on by a lady in California. Now this will force VWoA to pay out any expences occured by owners, including hotels, food, transportation etc... due to coil pack failure, and on top of that trying to get 2.85 million into a settlement fund that will be used to compensate vehicles owner or lessees who have had the coils replaced at VW before the annoucement of the service action.

Now my story with the coil packs was a loss of power and the car getting a case of the shakes right after the 40.000 miles tune up. but other then that, never got really bad. They took care of it right away, no questions asked. I have to admit that i have had a great experience with my Dealership and VWoA all together. I also know that some of you had it bad or really bad with this coil situation and you guys deserve compensation if you had to struggle, but here is my question to any of you:

Would you, in my situation, pursue this?. I mean, i was taking care of, why go after it. I think some people are sue happy in this country and it does nothing but raise our insurance rates and everything else as well.

Input?...................................Rah.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I received the same letter today. I have an '03 that I bought new in January. Haven't had any symptoms yet. I did ask the service manager about the recall on coil packs and he said not to worry unless I have trouble (kind of what I expected him to say). I agree with RAH however.. if you have not had problems or if the dealer has treated you right, you shouldn't get greedy. We'll all pay for it when we buy our next VW.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
RAH
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing