884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who would you pick? One name only!

I would pick: Frank Zappa :bow:

OK, that tells you something about my musical tastes :crazy:

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
lots of great choices, but in terms of who I would actually listen to, it would have to be Zappa as well. :bow:

plus he might be president by now. :lol:

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
That's easy, Aerosmith. Their creativity has been dead for years! :lol:

Seriously, I'd bring back Stevie Ray Vaughn. When he died, he was clean, sober and playing the best he'd ever played. He was taken from us way too soon.

We miss you Stevie!

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

·
Registered
196 Posts
totally...some genious like mozart
i wonder if he would be writing computer programs instead?

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
Hendrix.

He was 25 years ahead of his time and did things with a guitar that no one would ever have imagined possible, not just playing wise but experimentation with recording techniques as well.

He was just begining when he died.

I wouldn't mind Beethoven either...he was brilliant beyond belief, so much so that it seems almost impossible.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Johnny B5.5 said:
That's easy, Aerosmith. Their creativity has been dead for years! :lol:

Seriously, I'd bring back Stevie Ray Vaughn. When he died, he was clean, sober and playing the best he'd ever played. He was taken from us way too soon.

We miss you Stevie!

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Big second to that! Just not fair...

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Actually pretty tough. I'd be most curious to see some of the classical masters playing again, like Beethoven, Bach, etc. Beyong that, probably Hendrix - a master in his own right. He was doing things nobody else could even imagine possible with a guitar, as well as other aspects of the musical recording process.

·
Registered
9,106 Posts
Since Brad Nowell and Joe Strummer are already up there...

Tchaikovsky. I can't imagine what an already over-the-top composer might do with modern instruments and samples. It might cause your head to implode. :weirdo:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts