Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my belts changed early Jan. at 77k (98 B5 1.8T)
by the vw tech's (using ecs TB kit)

come to find out the tech forgot to tighten a bolt or something
breaking the belt as a result (dealer will cover 100%)
yes valves were bent?
(im thinking this is a very good thing, seeing the dealer is at fault)

I was told to fix the valves they have to port/polish the valves
will this make my 1.8t a 1.9t? :lol:

p.s. I went to pick it up yesterday and it started, but
it sounded like diesel tractor, :mad:
sounded like the exhaust manifold wasn’t tight?
Dealer has been good so far :suspicio:

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Let us know what caused the diesel tractor sound. That can't be reassuring to hear... You would have thought the lot guy would have noticed it moving your car from the lift to the lot... :suspicio:

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
rpaller said:
Let us know what caused the diesel tractor sound. That can't be reassuring to hear... You would have thought the lot guy would have noticed it moving your car from the lift to the lot... :suspicio:
im sure the sound comes from a leaking manifold
(i can smell exhaust fumes in the engine bay)
I was thinking more like :suspicio: , why wouldnt a certified technician not do a test run after such a job. :crazy:

answer = sloppy servce :mad:

·
Banned
373 Posts
rpaller said:
Sometimes I wonder if some people have a clue at all. Had my ride in for scheduled maintenance with the dealer about three years ago. When they drove it out to me it was literally shaking and you could hear the engine wasn't idling right.

I just stood there shaking my head. The tech gets out and asks me why I am shaking my head. I tell him the car isn't running running right. he proceeds to tell me it is...I tell him it isn't. I look inside at the dash and the CEL is on. Only then does he relent. Seems they stopped and started the car multiple times and fouled the plugs. But NO, the owner would have no clue whether his car was running properly.

Joe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
Donuts
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing