Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...I'd know, right? I'm talking water leaking into the cabin area.

I know some newer carpet has a plastic back lining that makes it hard to tell if it is wet behind the carpet or not. I think I'm just going crazy after reading all these leaky Passat horror stories, but all of my interior floor carpet feels moist all the time.

I don't smell mold or any wet smells... do you think I'm just crazy?

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
...I'd know, right? I'm talking water leaking into the cabin area.

I know some newer carpet has a plastic back lining that makes it hard to tell if it is wet behind the carpet or not. I think I'm just going crazy after reading all these leaky Passat horror stories, but all of my interior floor carpet feels moist all the time.

I don't smell mold or any wet smells... do you think I'm just crazy?
Yep, crazy :)

But that has nothing to do with the water. :p

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
why dont you put your hand down on the floor and feel for it ?
That is what I have been doing... it feels moist all the time, and I live in Oklahoma where it is usually dry and windy, so I don't think it is humidity. Haven't ever had standing water in the car, though, so maybe I'm just crazy.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi, not always the water comes from the rain. In my case I'm almost sure that it is from the AC drain, it should be stuck or something. I looked for the drain hose under the car but no success...I couldn't find it. So...I have an appointment with the VW dealer for tomorrow morning.

good luck.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just heard from the dealer (where we bought the car - no longer a VW dealer), that the pollen filter case is cracked, $292.00 to fix, does that seem about right?
Also our 2002 Passat V6 has about 28,000 miles on it and he says that it needs a new serpantine belt does that sound right: we had water in the rear driver's side floorboard...pulled the carpet up and although the carpet was dry on top there was a lot of water under the soundproof and carpet
thanks

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
and if you have a tiptronic... watch out for the TCM module underneath the passenger seat.

Also look at the foam that sits in between the pollen filter box and the opening to the cabin... if I were you try to come up with something better then foam ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts